Apply for Government Grants
A grant (or also known as government grant) is a financial assistance awarded by a federal agency or a government-authorized public institution, service, or project. Government grants are awarded through an application process. Therefore, you must apply for grants before you can be awarded. Billions of dollars are set aside to be given out as grants. You must take action to apply for them.
Who Is Eligible?
Government and education organizations, for-profit and non-profit organizations, small businesses, and individuals on their own behalf are all eligible and encouraged to apply for government grants. However, if you are an individual applying for grants, you have to understand that grants do not cover daily living expenses such as mortgage, rent, food, and transportation costs. Grants are not given out to help people get through financial crisis. Grants are awarded to individuals or organizations who offer something beneficial to the economy or country in general and just need the financial support to move forward.
How to Apply for a Grant?
All government grant programs are listed and applications are processed at grants.gov. To apply for a grant:
- Step 1: Identify grant opportunities that you may be eligible for
- Step 2: Prepare your mission statement (Why do you think you should be awarded and how this reward would help you and/or your business/organization)
- Step 3: List of References (As much as possible from credible individuals, businesses, or organizations)
- Step 4: Register at CCR (https://www.bpn.gov/ccrupdate/NewRegistration.aspx)
- Step 5: Once when you have done steps 1 to 4, you can finally register and submit your application at grants.gov (http://grants.gov/applicants/get_registered.jsp)
Grant Writing Guide(s)
Government Grants in Local States
Recent Government Grant Recipients
|Recipient||Project, Industry, Purpose||Amount|
|Project: Operational expansion in atlantic canada
Industry: Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
Purpose: Expansion Capital
|Project: Potato storage facility
Industry: Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
Purpose: Business Development and Trade Shows
|Mr John Mihaljevich
|Project: Market study for chimney drains
Industry: Information Not Available
|Tamarac Nurseries Ltd
|Project: Build a cold storage warehouse and purchase equipment
Industry: Retail Trade/ Services
Renovation / Maintenance / Upgrade
|James Manser Chicoine
|Project: For a business plan to purchase a portable sawmill
Industry: Manufacturing, Mining and Energy