North Dakota Small Business Grants
With more than $2,254.00 million dollars in grants and additional local government funding sources of $1,806.00 million dollars, the majority of the federal budget in government grants is put into the business sector every year as small businesses and large corporations are the foundation of the economic growth in North Dakota. There are 17,845 business establishments in the state of North Dakota, and they break down to the following:
North Dakota Business Sector Breakdown by Size:
- 9,994 registered businesses in North Dakota have 0 to 4 employees. People who work at home with sole proprietorship are included in this breakdown.
- 3,004 registered businesses in North Dakota have 5 to 9 employees.
- 1,956 registered businesses in North Dakota have 10-19 employees.
- 1,734 registered businesses in North Dakota have 20-99 employees.
- 449 registered businesses in North Dakota have 100 to 499 employees.
- Over 708 registered businesses in North Dakota have over 500 employees.
North Dakota Business Sector Breakdown in Service Industries:
- 1,508 registered businesses in North Dakota are in the Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sector.
- 898 registered businesses in North Dakota are in the Administrative, Support, Waste Management, and Remediation Services sector.
- 1,838 registered businesses in North Dakota are in the Accommodation and Food Services sector.
- More than 2,402 registered businesses in North Dakota are also service orientated businesses but are not categorized to the above sectors.
If you are in the farming industry, you may be eligible to apply for small business grants as well. There are more than 32,000 farms in the state of North Dakota.
Starting and managing a small business in North Dakota is not an easy task. Over $10,045,929,000.00 US dollars are paid to employee salaries/payroll alone in the state of North Dakota and more than 1,627 businesses declare bankruptcy every single year. Although the federal government does not publically provide grants for starting and expanding a business, in North Dakota, some small business grants are given to business owners to start and grow their ventures, and grant recipients do not have to pay back the funding from government. Therefore, it makes sense to look into small business grants as one of your sources to fund your business.
To apply for business grants in North Dakota, contact North Dakota financial aid agencies.
Small Business Grants in Local States
Recent Business Grant Recipients
|Recipient||Project, Industry, Purpose||Amount|
|Bill amp Don General Contracting
|Project: For subsidizing the wages of a construction labourer
Industry: Construction/ Professional Trades
Purpose: Training / Certification / Wage Support
|Geoplan Consultants Inc
|Project: Develop a computerized highway inventory mapping pkg.
Industry: Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
Purpose: Research & Development / Patents
|Maxime Condo Sr
|Project: Establish a cabinet making shop
Industry: Manufacturing, Mining and Energy
Purpose: New Business Startup
|Mr S Ward Reid
|Project: Purchase telescopic bin piler.
Industry: Information Not Available
|Mr Ronald Peters And Ms Ada Peters
|Project: Upgrade existing cottages & add pool & sauna
Industry: Accommodation and Food Services
Purpose: Information Not Available