West Virginia Government Grants
The U.S. government and West Virginia's department of finance has put in $4,922.00 million dollars in government grants and $4,031.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial assistance for citizens and permanent residents who live in the state of West Virginia. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive West Virginia federal grants.
Government financial aid in West Virginia is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- West Virginia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in West Virginia can be a risky thing to do. More than 6,603 businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on West Virginia Small Business Grants.
- West Virginia Education Grants: Education is an important role in West Virginia. The federal government in West Virginia invest over $2,962,121,802.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in West Virginia to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on West Virginia Education Grants.
- West Virginia Housing Grants: At an average market value of $94,500.00 per housing property, there are more than 881,000 housing units in West Virginia. With an average annual household income of $37,989.00, less than 77.80% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in West Virginia cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on West Virginia Housing Grants.
- West Virginia Veteran Grants: Residents of West Virginia who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on West Virginia Veteran Grants.
- West Virginia Personal Grants: The local state government in West Virginia does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, West Virginia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of West Virginia. Here's more information on West Virginia Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Recent Government Grant Recipients
|Recipient||Project, Industry, Purpose||Amount|
|Marine Exhaust Solutions Inc
|Project: For the development of a field trial of the mark iii ecosilencer marine engine exhaust gas cleaning and heat
Industry: Manufacturing, Mining and Energy
Purpose: Research & Development / Patents
|Les Services De Traduction Du Nord
|Project: Show feasability of simultaneous translation services
Industry: Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
Purpose: Information Not Available
|Peter Mallard Carpentry Ltd
|Project: As target wage subsidies for a carpenter
Industry: Construction/ Professional Trades
Purpose: Training / Certification / Wage Support
|Station Touristique Stoneham
|Project: Stoneham skiing world cup
Industry: Accommodation and Food Services
Purpose: Information Not Available
|Project: Establish a rice processing plant
Industry: Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
Purpose: New Business Startup