With more than $15,249.00 million dollars in grants and additional local government funding sources of $11,534.00 million dollars, the majority of the federal budget in government grants is put into the business sector every year as small businesses and large corporations are the foundation of the economic growth in Louisiana. There are 81,541 business establishments in the state of Louisiana, and they break down to the following:
Louisiana Business Sector Breakdown by Size:
- 43,993 registered businesses in Louisiana have 0 to 4 employees. People who work at home with sole proprietorship are included in this breakdown.
- 15,345 registered businesses in Louisiana have 5 to 9 employees.
- 9,497 registered businesses in Louisiana have 10-19 employees.
- 8,579 registered businesses in Louisiana have 20-99 employees.
- 1,989 registered businesses in Louisiana have 100 to 499 employees.
- Over 2,138 registered businesses in Louisiana have over 500 employees.
Louisiana Business Sector Breakdown in Service Industries:
- 11,354 registered businesses in Louisiana are in the Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sector.
- 4,491 registered businesses in Louisiana are in the Administrative, Support, Waste Management, and Remediation Services sector.
- 8,216 registered businesses in Louisiana are in the Accommodation and Food Services sector.
- More than 9,720 registered businesses in Louisiana are also service orientated businesses but are not categorized to the above sectors.
If you are in the farming industry, you may be eligible to apply for small business grants as well. There are more than 30,000 farms in the state of Louisiana.
Starting and managing a small business in Louisiana is not an easy task. Over $61,387,794,000.00 US dollars are paid to employee salaries/payroll alone in the state of Louisiana and more than 19,524 businesses declare bankruptcy every single year. Although the federal government does not publically provide grants for starting and expanding a business, in Louisiana, some small business grants are given to business owners to start and grow their ventures, and grant recipients do not have to pay back the funding from government. Therefore, it makes sense to look into small business grants as one of your sources to fund your business.
To apply for business grants in Louisiana, contact Louisiana financial aid agencies.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Small Business Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants