With more than $2,125.00 million dollars in grants and additional local government funding sources of $1,679.00 million dollars, the majority of the federal budget in government grants is put into the business sector every year as small businesses and large corporations are the foundation of the economic growth in Delaware. There are 19,741 business establishments in the state of Delaware, and they break down to the following:
Delaware Business Sector Breakdown by Size:
- 10,972 registered businesses in Delaware have 0 to 4 employees. People who work at home with sole proprietorship are included in this breakdown.
- 2,982 registered businesses in Delaware have 5 to 9 employees.
- 1,930 registered businesses in Delaware have 10-19 employees.
- 1,771 registered businesses in Delaware have 20-99 employees.
- 681 registered businesses in Delaware have 100 to 499 employees.
- Over 1,405 registered businesses in Delaware have over 500 employees.
Delaware Business Sector Breakdown in Service Industries:
- 2,406 registered businesses in Delaware are in the Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sector.
- 1,400 registered businesses in Delaware are in the Administrative, Support, Waste Management, and Remediation Services sector.
- 1,873 registered businesses in Delaware are in the Accommodation and Food Services sector.
- More than 2,154 registered businesses in Delaware are also service orientated businesses but are not categorized to the above sectors.
If you are in the farming industry, you may be eligible to apply for small business grants as well. There are more than 3,000 farms in the state of Delaware.
Starting and managing a small business in Delaware is not an easy task. Over $16,777,392,000.00 US dollars are paid to employee salaries/payroll alone in the state of Delaware and more than 4,533 businesses declare bankruptcy every single year. Although the federal government does not publically provide grants for starting and expanding a business, in Delaware, some small business grants are given to business owners to start and grow their ventures, and grant recipients do not have to pay back the funding from government. Therefore, it makes sense to look into small business grants as one of your sources to fund your business.
To apply for business grants in Delaware, contact Delaware financial aid agencies.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
|Funding Number||Funding Title|
|HHS 2022 ACF OHS CH R3 0138||Head Start/Early Head Start Recipient -- Communities in the state of Delaware|
|NPS 20 REG1 0016||Collaborative Management Through Implementation of the Upper Delaware River Management Plan|
|USDA NRCS DE MULTI 20 GEN0010703||Conservation Agreements for Implementing Key Conservation Objectives in Delaware.|
|HHS 2020 ACF OHS CH R07 1796||Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee -- Dubuque, Delaware and Jackson Counties, Iowa|
|NPS 19 NERO 0136||Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area|
|HHS 2020 ACF OHS CH R03 1703||Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee -- Delaware County, Pennsylvania|
|USDA NRCS DE 19 01||Conservation Agreements for Implementing Key Conservation Objectives in Delaware|
|HHS 2019 ACF OHS CH R03 1395||Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee -- The Town of Smyrna; Kent and Sussex Counties, Delaware|
|NPS 18 NERO 0183||Lower Delaware Wild and Scenic River Assistance|
|NPS 18 NERO 0161||Delaware and Lehigh National Heritage Corridor|
Small Business Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants