With more than $8,305.00 million dollars in grants and additional local government funding sources of $7,642.00 million dollars, the majority of the federal budget in government grants is put into the business sector every year as small businesses and large corporations are the foundation of the economic growth in Mississippi. There are 46,137 business establishments in the state of Mississippi, and they break down to the following:
Mississippi Business Sector Breakdown by Size:
- 25,439 registered businesses in Mississippi have 0 to 4 employees. People who work at home with sole proprietorship are included in this breakdown.
- 8,602 registered businesses in Mississippi have 5 to 9 employees.
- 5,186 registered businesses in Mississippi have 10-19 employees.
- 4,180 registered businesses in Mississippi have 20-99 employees.
- 1,111 registered businesses in Mississippi have 100 to 499 employees.
- Over 1,619 registered businesses in Mississippi have over 500 employees.
Mississippi Business Sector Breakdown in Service Industries:
- 4,761 registered businesses in Mississippi are in the Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sector.
- 2,237 registered businesses in Mississippi are in the Administrative, Support, Waste Management, and Remediation Services sector.
- 4,864 registered businesses in Mississippi are in the Accommodation and Food Services sector.
- More than 6,597 registered businesses in Mississippi are also service orientated businesses but are not categorized to the above sectors.
If you are in the farming industry, you may be eligible to apply for small business grants as well. There are more than 42,000 farms in the state of Mississippi.
Starting and managing a small business in Mississippi is not an easy task. Over $28,452,219,000.00 US dollars are paid to employee salaries/payroll alone in the state of Mississippi and more than 14,797 businesses declare bankruptcy every single year. Although the federal government does not publically provide grants for starting and expanding a business, in Mississippi, some small business grants are given to business owners to start and grow their ventures, and grant recipients do not have to pay back the funding from government. Therefore, it makes sense to look into small business grants as one of your sources to fund your business.
To apply for business grants in Mississippi, contact Mississippi financial aid agencies.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Small Business Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants