The U.S. government and Mississippi's office of finance has set aside $8,305.00 million dollars in federal grants and $7,642.00 million dollars in other types of federal funding for people who reside in the state of Mississippi. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Mississippi government grants.
Government financial aid in Mississippi is distributed to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Mississippi Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Mississippi can be a risky task. There are more than 14,797 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Mississippi Small Business Grants.
- Mississippi Education Grants: Education is an important role in Mississippi. The federal government in Mississippi invest over $4,273,450,567.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Mississippi to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Mississippi Education Grants.
- Mississippi Housing Grants: At an average value of $96,500.00 per housing property, there are around 1,270,000 housing units in Mississippi. With an average annual household income of $37,790.00, less than 75.40% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Mississippi is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Mississippi Housing Grants.
- Mississippi Veteran Grants: Residents of Mississippi who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Mississippi Veteran Grants.
- Mississippi Personal Grants: The local state government in Mississippi does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Mississippi residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Mississippi. Here's more information on Mississippi Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants