Mississippi Government Grants
The U.S. government and Mississippi's department of finance has put in $8,305.00 million dollars in federal grants and $7,642.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial aid for residents who live in the state of Mississippi. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Mississippi government grants.
Government financial aid in Mississippi is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Mississippi Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Mississippi can be a risky task. There are more than 14,797 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Mississippi Small Business Grants.
- Mississippi Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Mississippi. The federal government in Mississippi invest over $4,273,450,567.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Mississippi to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Mississippi Education Grants.
- Mississippi Housing Grants: At an average market value of $96,500.00 per real estate property, there are around 1,270,000 real estate properties in Mississippi. With an average annual household income of $37,790.00, less than 75.40% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Mississippi cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Mississippi Housing Grants.
- Mississippi Veteran Grants: Residents of Mississippi who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Mississippi Veteran Grants.
- Mississippi Personal Grants: The local state government in Mississippi does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Mississippi residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Mississippi. Here's more information on Mississippi Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: