Mississippi Government Grants
The federal government and Mississippi's department of finance has set aside $8,305.00 million dollars in government grants and $7,642.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial aid for citizens and permanent residents who live in the state of Mississippi. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive Mississippi federal grants.
Government funding in Mississippi is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Mississippi Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Mississippi can be a risky thing to do. More than 14,797 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Mississippi Small Business Grants.
- Mississippi Education Grants: Education is an important role in Mississippi. The federal government in Mississippi spend over $4,273,450,567.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Mississippi to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Mississippi Education Grants.
- Mississippi Housing Grants: At an average market value of $96,500.00 per housing property, there are more than 1,270,000 households in the state of Mississippi. With an average annual household income of $37,790.00, about 75.40% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Mississippi cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Mississippi Housing Grants.
- Mississippi Veteran Grants: Residents of Mississippi who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Mississippi Veteran Grants.
- Mississippi Personal Grants: The local state government in Mississippi does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Mississippi residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Mississippi. Here's more information on Mississippi Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: