Mississippi Government Grants
The U.S. government and Mississippi's office of finance has set aside $8,305.00 million dollars in federal grants and $7,642.00 million dollars in other types of government funding for permanent residents who live in the state of Mississippi. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive Mississippi government grants.
Government funding in Mississippi is provided to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Mississippi Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Mississippi can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 14,797 businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Mississippi Small Business Grants.
- Mississippi Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Mississippi. The local administration in Mississippi invest over $4,273,450,567.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Mississippi to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Mississippi Education Grants.
- Mississippi Housing Grants: At an average value of $96,500.00 per real estate property, there are more than 1,270,000 housing units in Mississippi. With an average annual household income of $37,790.00, about 75.40% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Mississippi is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Mississippi Housing Grants.
- Mississippi Veteran Grants: Residents of Mississippi who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Mississippi Veteran Grants.
- Mississippi Personal Grants: The local state government in Mississippi does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Mississippi residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Mississippi. Here's more information on Mississippi Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: