The federal government and Mississippi's office of finance has set aside $8,305.00 million dollars in government grants and $7,642.00 million dollars in other forms of federal funding for citizens who live in the state of Mississippi. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive Mississippi federal grants.
Government grants in Mississippi is distributed to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Mississippi Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Mississippi can be a risky task. More than 14,797 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Mississippi Small Business Grants.
- Mississippi Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Mississippi. The federal administration in Mississippi invest over $4,273,450,567.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Mississippi to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Mississippi Education Grants.
- Mississippi Housing Grants: At an average market value of $96,500.00 per real estate property, there are more than 1,270,000 households in Mississippi. With an average annual household income of $37,790.00, only 75.40% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Mississippi is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Mississippi Housing Grants.
- Mississippi Veteran Grants: Residents of Mississippi who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Mississippi Veteran Grants.
- Mississippi Personal Grants: The local state government in Mississippi does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Mississippi residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Mississippi. Here's more information on Mississippi Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants