Vermont Government Grants
The US government and Vermont's department of finance has put in $2,162.00 million dollars in federal grants and $1,671.00 million dollars in other types of government financial assistance for citizens who live in Vermont. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive Vermont government grants.
Government grants in Vermont is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Vermont Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Vermont can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 1,697 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Vermont Small Business Grants.
- Vermont Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Vermont. The federal government in Vermont invest over $1,462,893,434.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Vermont to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Vermont Education Grants.
- Vermont Housing Grants: At an average market value of $208,400.00 per housing property, there are more than 322,000 real estate properties in the state of Vermont. With an average annual household income of $52,104.00, less than 72.80% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Vermont is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Vermont Housing Grants.
- Vermont Veteran Grants: Residents of Vermont who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Vermont Veteran Grants.
- Vermont Personal Grants: The local state government in Vermont does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Vermont residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Vermont. Here's more information on Vermont Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!