Vermont Government Grants
The U.S. government and Vermont's office of finance has put in $2,162.00 million dollars in federal grants and $1,671.00 million dollars in other types of government funding for residents who reside in Vermont. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Vermont federal grants.
Government financial aid in Vermont is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Vermont Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Vermont can be a risky task. More than 1,697 businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Vermont Small Business Grants.
- Vermont Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Vermont. The federal government in Vermont invest over $1,462,893,434.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Vermont to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Vermont Education Grants.
- Vermont Housing Grants: At an average value of $208,400.00 per housing property, there are more than 322,000 households in the state of Vermont. With an average annual household income of $52,104.00, less than 72.80% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Vermont is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Vermont Housing Grants.
- Vermont Veteran Grants: Residents of Vermont who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Vermont Veteran Grants.
- Vermont Personal Grants: The local state government in Vermont does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Vermont residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Vermont. Here's more information on Vermont Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: