South Carolina Government Grants
The federal government and South Carolina's department of finance has set aside $9,249.00 million dollars in government grants and $6,863.00 million dollars in other types of government funding for permanent residents who reside in South Carolina. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive South Carolina government grants.
Government grants in South Carolina is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- South Carolina Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in South Carolina can be a risky task. More than 9,657 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on South Carolina Small Business Grants.
- South Carolina Education Grants: Education is an important sector in South Carolina. The federal administration in South Carolina invest over $8,003,121,974.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in South Carolina to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on South Carolina Education Grants.
- South Carolina Housing Grants: At an average market value of $134,100.00 per real estate property, there are more than 2,130,000 housing units in South Carolina. With an average annual household income of $44,625.00, only 73.90% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in South Carolina is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on South Carolina Housing Grants.
- South Carolina Veteran Grants: Residents of South Carolina who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on South Carolina Veteran Grants.
- South Carolina Personal Grants: The local state government in South Carolina does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, South Carolina residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of South Carolina. Here's more information on South Carolina Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: