West Virginia Government Grants
The federal government and West Virginia's department of finance has set aside $4,922.00 million dollars in government grants and $4,031.00 million dollars in other forms of government funding for citizens and permanent residents who reside in the state of West Virginia. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive West Virginia federal grants.
Government grants in West Virginia is provided to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- West Virginia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in West Virginia can be a risky task. More than 6,603 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on West Virginia Small Business Grants.
- West Virginia Education Grants: Education is an important sector in West Virginia. The federal government in West Virginia invest over $2,962,121,802.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in West Virginia to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on West Virginia Education Grants.
- West Virginia Housing Grants: At an average value of $94,500.00 per housing property, there are around 881,000 households in West Virginia. With an average annual household income of $37,989.00, less than 77.80% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in West Virginia cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on West Virginia Housing Grants.
- West Virginia Veteran Grants: Residents of West Virginia who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on West Virginia Veteran Grants.
- West Virginia Personal Grants: The local state government in West Virginia does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, West Virginia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of West Virginia. Here's more information on West Virginia Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: