The federal government and West Virginia's office of finance has put in $4,922.00 million dollars in government grants and $4,031.00 million dollars in other forms of government funding for citizens and permanent residents who live in the state of West Virginia. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive West Virginia government grants.
Government grants in West Virginia is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- West Virginia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in West Virginia can be a risky task. There are more than 6,603 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on West Virginia Small Business Grants.
- West Virginia Education Grants: Education is an important sector in West Virginia. The federal administration in West Virginia spend over $2,962,121,802.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in West Virginia to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on West Virginia Education Grants.
- West Virginia Housing Grants: At an average value of $94,500.00 per real estate property, there are more than 881,000 households in the state of West Virginia. With an average annual household income of $37,989.00, only 77.80% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in West Virginia is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on West Virginia Housing Grants.
- West Virginia Veteran Grants: Residents of West Virginia who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on West Virginia Veteran Grants.
- West Virginia Personal Grants: The local state government in West Virginia does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, West Virginia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of West Virginia. Here's more information on West Virginia Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants