The federal government and West Virginia's department of finance has put in $4,922.00 million dollars in federal grants and $4,031.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial assistance for citizens and permanent residents who reside in West Virginia. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive West Virginia federal grants.
Government grants in West Virginia is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- West Virginia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in West Virginia can be a risky thing to do. More than 6,603 businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on West Virginia Small Business Grants.
- West Virginia Education Grants: Education is an important role in West Virginia. The federal government in West Virginia invest over $2,962,121,802.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in West Virginia to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on West Virginia Education Grants.
- West Virginia Housing Grants: At an average value of $94,500.00 per real estate property, there are around 881,000 real estate properties in the state of West Virginia. With an average annual household income of $37,989.00, about 77.80% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in West Virginia cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on West Virginia Housing Grants.
- West Virginia Veteran Grants: Residents of West Virginia who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on West Virginia Veteran Grants.
- West Virginia Personal Grants: The local state government in West Virginia does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, West Virginia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of West Virginia. Here's more information on West Virginia Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants