West Virginia Government Grants
The federal government and West Virginia's department of finance has put in $4,922.00 million dollars in federal grants and $4,031.00 million dollars in other types of government financial aid for residents who live in West Virginia. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive West Virginia government grants.
Government funding in West Virginia is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- West Virginia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in West Virginia can be a risky task. There are more than 6,603 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on West Virginia Small Business Grants.
- West Virginia Education Grants: Education is an important role in West Virginia. The local government in West Virginia invest over $2,962,121,802.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in West Virginia to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on West Virginia Education Grants.
- West Virginia Housing Grants: At an average value of $94,500.00 per real estate property, there are around 881,000 housing units in West Virginia. With an average annual household income of $37,989.00, about 77.80% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in West Virginia is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on West Virginia Housing Grants.
- West Virginia Veteran Grants: Residents of West Virginia who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on West Virginia Veteran Grants.
- West Virginia Personal Grants: The local state government in West Virginia does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, West Virginia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of West Virginia. Here's more information on West Virginia Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: