California Government Grants
The United States government and California's department of finance has set aside $90,919.00 million dollars in federal grants and $61,971.00 million dollars in other types of government funding for citizens who live in the state of California. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive California government grants.
Government financial aid in California is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- California Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in California can be a risky task. There are more than 241,979 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on California Small Business Grants.
- California Education Grants: Education is an important role in California. The local administration in California invest over $73,868,615,768.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in California to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on California Education Grants.
- California Housing Grants: At an average market value of $458,500.00 per housing property, there are more than 13,600,000 households in California. With an average annual household income of $61,021.00, only 57.50% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in California cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on California Housing Grants.
- California Veteran Grants: Residents of California who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on California Veteran Grants.
- California Personal Grants: The local state government in California does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, California residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of California. Here's more information on California Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: