California Government Grants
The federal government and California's department of finance has put in $90,919.00 million dollars in federal grants and $61,971.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial aid for residents who live in California. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive California government grants.
Government funding in California is distributed to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- California Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in California can be a risky task. More than 241,979 businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on California Small Business Grants.
- California Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in California. The local administration in California spend over $73,868,615,768.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in California to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on California Education Grants.
- California Housing Grants: At an average market value of $458,500.00 per housing property, there are around 13,600,000 households in California. With an average annual household income of $61,021.00, only 57.50% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in California is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on California Housing Grants.
- California Veteran Grants: Residents of California who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on California Veteran Grants.
- California Personal Grants: The local state government in California does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, California residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of California. Here's more information on California Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: