Illinois Government Grants
The U.S. government and Illinois's office of finance has set aside $31,485.00 million dollars in government grants and $20,941.00 million dollars in other types of government financial assistance for permanent residents who reside in Illinois. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive Illinois government grants.
Government grants in Illinois is provided to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Illinois Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Illinois can be a risky task. More than 80,803 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Illinois Small Business Grants.
- Illinois Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Illinois. The federal administration in Illinois invest over $25,246,942,487.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Illinois to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Illinois Education Grants.
- Illinois Housing Grants: At an average value of $202,500.00 per real estate property, there are more than 5,290,000 real estate properties in Illinois. With an average annual household income of $56,235.00, only 68.90% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Illinois cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Illinois Housing Grants.
- Illinois Veteran Grants: Residents of Illinois who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Illinois Veteran Grants.
- Illinois Personal Grants: The local state government in Illinois does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Illinois residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Illinois. Here's more information on Illinois Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!