Illinois Government Grants
The U.S. government and Illinois's department of finance has put in $31,485.00 million dollars in federal grants and $20,941.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial assistance for citizens and permanent residents who live in Illinois. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Illinois federal grants.
Government grants in Illinois is provided to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Illinois Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Illinois can be a risky thing to do. More than 80,803 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Illinois Small Business Grants.
- Illinois Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Illinois. The federal administration in Illinois spend over $25,246,942,487.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Illinois to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Illinois Education Grants.
- Illinois Housing Grants: At an average market value of $202,500.00 per real estate property, there are more than 5,290,000 households in Illinois. With an average annual household income of $56,235.00, about 68.90% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Illinois is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Illinois Housing Grants.
- Illinois Veteran Grants: Residents of Illinois who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Illinois Veteran Grants.
- Illinois Personal Grants: The local state government in Illinois does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Illinois residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Illinois. Here's more information on Illinois Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: