The US government and Illinois's office of finance has put in $31,485.00 million dollars in federal grants and $20,941.00 million dollars in other types of government financial aid for residents who reside in the state of Illinois. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive Illinois government grants.
Government funding in Illinois is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Illinois Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Illinois can be a risky task. There are more than 80,803 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Illinois Small Business Grants.
- Illinois Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Illinois. The local administration in Illinois spend over $25,246,942,487.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Illinois to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Illinois Education Grants.
- Illinois Housing Grants: At an average market value of $202,500.00 per real estate property, there are around 5,290,000 real estate properties in Illinois. With an average annual household income of $56,235.00, less than 68.90% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Illinois cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Illinois Housing Grants.
- Illinois Veteran Grants: Residents of Illinois who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Illinois Veteran Grants.
- Illinois Personal Grants: The local state government in Illinois does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Illinois residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Illinois. Here's more information on Illinois Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants