Illinois Government Grants
The United States government and Illinois's department of finance has put in $31,485.00 million dollars in government grants and $20,941.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial aid for permanent residents who reside in Illinois. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive Illinois federal grants.
Government financial aid in Illinois is provided to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Illinois Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Illinois can be a risky task. More than 80,803 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Illinois Small Business Grants.
- Illinois Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Illinois. The local government in Illinois invest over $25,246,942,487.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Illinois to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Illinois Education Grants.
- Illinois Housing Grants: At an average market value of $202,500.00 per real estate property, there are around 5,290,000 housing units in Illinois. With an average annual household income of $56,235.00, less than 68.90% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Illinois is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Illinois Housing Grants.
- Illinois Veteran Grants: Residents of Illinois who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Illinois Veteran Grants.
- Illinois Personal Grants: The local state government in Illinois does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Illinois residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Illinois. Here's more information on Illinois Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: