The federal government and Illinois's office of finance has put in $31,485.00 million dollars in federal grants and $20,941.00 million dollars in other forms of government funding for citizens and permanent residents who reside in Illinois. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive Illinois federal grants.
Government financial aid in Illinois is distributed to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Illinois Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Illinois can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 80,803 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Illinois Small Business Grants.
- Illinois Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Illinois. The local administration in Illinois invest over $25,246,942,487.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Illinois to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Illinois Education Grants.
- Illinois Housing Grants: At an average value of $202,500.00 per real estate property, there are more than 5,290,000 real estate properties in the state of Illinois. With an average annual household income of $56,235.00, about 68.90% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Illinois cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Illinois Housing Grants.
- Illinois Veteran Grants: Residents of Illinois who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Illinois Veteran Grants.
- Illinois Personal Grants: The local state government in Illinois does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Illinois residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Illinois. Here's more information on Illinois Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants