Rhode Island Government Grants
The US government and Rhode Island's department of finance has put in $3,609.00 million dollars in government grants and $2,310.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial assistance for residents who live in Rhode Island. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive Rhode Island federal grants.
Government funding in Rhode Island is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Rhode Island Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Rhode Island can be a risky thing to do. More than 5,360 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Rhode Island Small Business Grants.
- Rhode Island Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Rhode Island. The local government in Rhode Island invest over $2,252,275,366.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Rhode Island to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Rhode Island Education Grants.
- Rhode Island Housing Grants: At an average value of $279,300.00 per real estate property, there are more than 463,000 housing units in Rhode Island. With an average annual household income of $55,701.00, less than 64.50% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Rhode Island is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Rhode Island Housing Grants.
- Rhode Island Veteran Grants: Residents of Rhode Island who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Rhode Island Veteran Grants.
- Rhode Island Personal Grants: The local state government in Rhode Island does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Rhode Island residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Rhode Island. Here's more information on Rhode Island Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: