Rhode Island Government Grants
The US government and Rhode Island's office of finance has put in $3,609.00 million dollars in government grants and $2,310.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial assistance for citizens who reside in the state of Rhode Island. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Rhode Island government grants.
Government funding in Rhode Island is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Rhode Island Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Rhode Island can be a risky task. There are more than 5,360 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Rhode Island Small Business Grants.
- Rhode Island Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Rhode Island. The local government in Rhode Island spend over $2,252,275,366.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Rhode Island to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Rhode Island Education Grants.
- Rhode Island Housing Grants: At an average market value of $279,300.00 per housing property, there are more than 463,000 housing units in the state of Rhode Island. With an average annual household income of $55,701.00, about 64.50% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Rhode Island is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Rhode Island Housing Grants.
- Rhode Island Veteran Grants: Residents of Rhode Island who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Rhode Island Veteran Grants.
- Rhode Island Personal Grants: The local state government in Rhode Island does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Rhode Island residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Rhode Island. Here's more information on Rhode Island Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: