Rhode Island Government Grants
The U.S. government and Rhode Island's department of finance has set aside $3,609.00 million dollars in federal grants and $2,310.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial assistance for permanent residents who live in Rhode Island. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Rhode Island federal grants.
Government funding in Rhode Island is distributed to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Rhode Island Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Rhode Island can be a risky task. There are more than 5,360 businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Rhode Island Small Business Grants.
- Rhode Island Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Rhode Island. The federal administration in Rhode Island invest over $2,252,275,366.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Rhode Island to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Rhode Island Education Grants.
- Rhode Island Housing Grants: At an average market value of $279,300.00 per housing property, there are around 463,000 real estate properties in the state of Rhode Island. With an average annual household income of $55,701.00, about 64.50% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Rhode Island is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Rhode Island Housing Grants.
- Rhode Island Veteran Grants: Residents of Rhode Island who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Rhode Island Veteran Grants.
- Rhode Island Personal Grants: The local state government in Rhode Island does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Rhode Island residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Rhode Island. Here's more information on Rhode Island Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: