Iowa Government Grants
The U.S. government and Iowa's office of finance has set aside $7,578.00 million dollars in government grants and $5,033.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial aid for people who live in Iowa. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Iowa federal grants.
Government funding in Iowa is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Iowa Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Iowa can be a risky task. There are more than 10,365 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Iowa Small Business Grants.
- Iowa Education Grants: Education is an important role in Iowa. The federal government in Iowa spend over $5,286,896,181.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Iowa to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Iowa Education Grants.
- Iowa Housing Grants: At an average value of $119,200.00 per real estate property, there are more than 1,330,000 real estate properties in Iowa. With an average annual household income of $48,980.00, only 74.00% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Iowa cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Iowa Housing Grants.
- Iowa Veteran Grants: Residents of Iowa who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Iowa Veteran Grants.
- Iowa Personal Grants: The local state government in Iowa does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Iowa residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Iowa. Here's more information on Iowa Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: