Connecticut Government Grants
The federal government and Connecticut's office of finance has set aside $8,829.00 million dollars in federal grants and $6,759.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial aid for permanent residents who live in the state of Connecticut. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Connecticut federal grants.
Government funding in Connecticut is provided to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Connecticut Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Connecticut can be a risky task. There are more than 11,268 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Connecticut Small Business Grants.
- Connecticut Education Grants: Education is an important role in Connecticut. The local government in Connecticut invest over $9,576,901,243.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Connecticut to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Connecticut Education Grants.
- Connecticut Housing Grants: At an average market value of $296,500.00 per housing property, there are more than 1,480,000 households in Connecticut. With an average annual household income of $68,595.00, about 70.70% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Connecticut cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Connecticut Housing Grants.
- Connecticut Veteran Grants: Residents of Connecticut who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Connecticut Veteran Grants.
- Connecticut Personal Grants: The local state government in Connecticut does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Connecticut residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Connecticut. Here's more information on Connecticut Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: