Connecticut Government Grants
The U.S. government and Connecticut's office of finance has put in $8,829.00 million dollars in government grants and $6,759.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial aid for citizens and permanent residents who live in the state of Connecticut. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Connecticut federal grants.
Government financial aid in Connecticut is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Connecticut Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Connecticut can be a risky task. There are more than 11,268 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Connecticut Small Business Grants.
- Connecticut Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Connecticut. The local administration in Connecticut invest over $9,576,901,243.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Connecticut to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Connecticut Education Grants.
- Connecticut Housing Grants: At an average market value of $296,500.00 per housing property, there are around 1,480,000 households in Connecticut. With an average annual household income of $68,595.00, only 70.70% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Connecticut is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Connecticut Housing Grants.
- Connecticut Veteran Grants: Residents of Connecticut who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Connecticut Veteran Grants.
- Connecticut Personal Grants: The local state government in Connecticut does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Connecticut residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Connecticut. Here's more information on Connecticut Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: