Texas Government Grants
The United States government and Texas's department of finance has set aside $55,671.00 million dollars in federal grants and $35,330.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial aid for permanent residents who live in the state of Texas. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Texas government grants.
Government financial aid in Texas is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Texas Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Texas can be a risky task. More than 57,810 businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Texas Small Business Grants.
- Texas Education Grants: Education is an important role in Texas. The local government in Texas spend over $49,841,926,161.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Texas to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Texas Education Grants.
- Texas Housing Grants: At an average value of $123,500.00 per real estate property, there are more than 9,970,000 households in the state of Texas. With an average annual household income of $50,043.00, about 65.50% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Texas is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Texas Housing Grants.
- Texas Veteran Grants: Residents of Texas who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Texas Veteran Grants.
- Texas Personal Grants: The local state government in Texas does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Texas residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Texas. Here's more information on Texas Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: