Texas Government Grants
The United States government and Texas's office of finance has put in $55,671.00 million dollars in federal grants and $35,330.00 million dollars in other types of government funding for individuals who reside in the state of Texas. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive Texas government grants.
Government funding in Texas is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Texas Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Texas can be a risky task. There are more than 57,810 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Texas Small Business Grants.
- Texas Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Texas. The federal government in Texas spend over $49,841,926,161.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Texas to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Texas Education Grants.
- Texas Housing Grants: At an average market value of $123,500.00 per real estate property, there are more than 9,970,000 real estate properties in Texas. With an average annual household income of $50,043.00, less than 65.50% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Texas is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Texas Housing Grants.
- Texas Veteran Grants: Residents of Texas who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Texas Veteran Grants.
- Texas Personal Grants: The local state government in Texas does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Texas residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Texas. Here's more information on Texas Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: