Colorado Government Grants
The US government and Colorado's office of finance has put in $8,854.00 million dollars in federal grants and $6,333.00 million dollars in other forms of federal funding for permanent residents who live in Colorado. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Colorado federal grants.
Government financial aid in Colorado is distributed to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Colorado Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Colorado can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 31,855 businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Colorado Small Business Grants.
- Colorado Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Colorado. The local government in Colorado spend over $8,927,548,451.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Colorado to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Colorado Education Grants.
- Colorado Housing Grants: At an average market value of $236,600.00 per real estate property, there are around 2,210,000 households in Colorado. With an average annual household income of $56,993.00, about 69.00% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Colorado is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Colorado Housing Grants.
- Colorado Veteran Grants: Residents of Colorado who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Colorado Veteran Grants.
- Colorado Personal Grants: The local state government in Colorado does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Colorado residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Colorado. Here's more information on Colorado Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: