The US government and Michigan's office of finance has set aside $21,120.00 million dollars in government grants and $16,580.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial assistance for permanent residents who reside in the state of Michigan. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Michigan federal grants.
Government financial aid in Michigan is distributed to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Michigan Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Michigan can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 71,004 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Michigan Small Business Grants.
- Michigan Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Michigan. The local government in Michigan spend over $19,729,953,224.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Michigan to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Michigan Education Grants.
- Michigan Housing Grants: At an average value of $144,200.00 per housing property, there are more than 4,530,000 real estate properties in Michigan. With an average annual household income of $48,591.00, about 75.90% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Michigan is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Michigan Housing Grants.
- Michigan Veteran Grants: Residents of Michigan who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Michigan Veteran Grants.
- Michigan Personal Grants: The local state government in Michigan does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Michigan residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Michigan. Here's more information on Michigan Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants