Michigan Government Grants
The US government and Michigan's department of finance has set aside $21,120.00 million dollars in federal grants and $16,580.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial assistance for people who live in the state of Michigan. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive Michigan government grants.
Government funding in Michigan is distributed to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Michigan Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Michigan can be a risky task. There are more than 71,004 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Michigan Small Business Grants.
- Michigan Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Michigan. The federal government in Michigan spend over $19,729,953,224.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Michigan to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Michigan Education Grants.
- Michigan Housing Grants: At an average value of $144,200.00 per real estate property, there are more than 4,530,000 housing units in Michigan. With an average annual household income of $48,591.00, only 75.90% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Michigan cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Michigan Housing Grants.
- Michigan Veteran Grants: Residents of Michigan who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Michigan Veteran Grants.
- Michigan Personal Grants: The local state government in Michigan does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Michigan residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Michigan. Here's more information on Michigan Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: