Michigan Government Grants
The federal government and Michigan's department of finance has set aside $21,120.00 million dollars in government grants and $16,580.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial aid for individuals who live in Michigan. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive Michigan government grants.
Government financial aid in Michigan is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Michigan Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Michigan can be a risky task. There are more than 71,004 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Michigan Small Business Grants.
- Michigan Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Michigan. The local administration in Michigan invest over $19,729,953,224.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Michigan to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Michigan Education Grants.
- Michigan Housing Grants: At an average market value of $144,200.00 per housing property, there are more than 4,530,000 households in Michigan. With an average annual household income of $48,591.00, only 75.90% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Michigan is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Michigan Housing Grants.
- Michigan Veteran Grants: Residents of Michigan who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Michigan Veteran Grants.
- Michigan Personal Grants: The local state government in Michigan does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Michigan residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Michigan. Here's more information on Michigan Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: