Michigan Government Grants
The United States government and Michigan's department of finance has put in $21,120.00 million dollars in government grants and $16,580.00 million dollars in other types of government financial aid for permanent residents who reside in Michigan. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive Michigan government grants.
Government funding in Michigan is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Michigan Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Michigan can be a risky task. There are more than 71,004 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Michigan Small Business Grants.
- Michigan Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Michigan. The local government in Michigan invest over $19,729,953,224.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Michigan to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Michigan Education Grants.
- Michigan Housing Grants: At an average value of $144,200.00 per real estate property, there are more than 4,530,000 real estate properties in Michigan. With an average annual household income of $48,591.00, less than 75.90% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Michigan is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Michigan Housing Grants.
- Michigan Veteran Grants: Residents of Michigan who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Michigan Veteran Grants.
- Michigan Personal Grants: The local state government in Michigan does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Michigan residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Michigan. Here's more information on Michigan Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: