North Carolina Government Grants
The US government and North Carolina's department of finance has set aside $20,942.00 million dollars in federal grants and $15,308.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial aid for citizens who live in North Carolina. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive North Carolina government grants.
Government funding in North Carolina is provided to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- North Carolina Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in North Carolina can be a risky task. More than 27,704 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on North Carolina Small Business Grants.
- North Carolina Education Grants: Education is an important sector in North Carolina. The federal administration in North Carolina invest over $13,382,049,297.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in North Carolina to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on North Carolina Education Grants.
- North Carolina Housing Grants: At an average value of $149,100.00 per housing property, there are more than 4,320,000 housing units in North Carolina. With an average annual household income of $46,549.00, only 69.40% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in North Carolina cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on North Carolina Housing Grants.
- North Carolina Veteran Grants: Residents of North Carolina who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on North Carolina Veteran Grants.
- North Carolina Personal Grants: The local state government in North Carolina does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, North Carolina residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of North Carolina. Here's more information on North Carolina Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: