North Carolina Government Grants
The federal government and North Carolina's office of finance has put in $20,942.00 million dollars in federal grants and $15,308.00 million dollars in other forms of government funding for citizens who live in the state of North Carolina. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive North Carolina government grants.
Government grants in North Carolina is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- North Carolina Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in North Carolina can be a risky task. There are more than 27,704 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on North Carolina Small Business Grants.
- North Carolina Education Grants: Education plays an important role in North Carolina. The local administration in North Carolina spend over $13,382,049,297.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in North Carolina to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on North Carolina Education Grants.
- North Carolina Housing Grants: At an average value of $149,100.00 per real estate property, there are more than 4,320,000 housing units in the state of North Carolina. With an average annual household income of $46,549.00, about 69.40% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in North Carolina is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on North Carolina Housing Grants.
- North Carolina Veteran Grants: Residents of North Carolina who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on North Carolina Veteran Grants.
- North Carolina Personal Grants: The local state government in North Carolina does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, North Carolina residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of North Carolina. Here's more information on North Carolina Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: