North Carolina Government Grants
The US government and North Carolina's office of finance has put in $20,942.00 million dollars in federal grants and $15,308.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial aid for individuals who live in the state of North Carolina. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive North Carolina federal grants.
Government grants in North Carolina is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- North Carolina Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in North Carolina can be a risky task. There are more than 27,704 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on North Carolina Small Business Grants.
- North Carolina Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in North Carolina. The local government in North Carolina spend over $13,382,049,297.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in North Carolina to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on North Carolina Education Grants.
- North Carolina Housing Grants: At an average value of $149,100.00 per real estate property, there are more than 4,320,000 housing units in the state of North Carolina. With an average annual household income of $46,549.00, only 69.40% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in North Carolina is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on North Carolina Housing Grants.
- North Carolina Veteran Grants: Residents of North Carolina who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on North Carolina Veteran Grants.
- North Carolina Personal Grants: The local state government in North Carolina does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, North Carolina residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of North Carolina. Here's more information on North Carolina Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: