The U.S. government and New Mexico's office of finance has set aside $6,953.00 million dollars in government grants and $6,635.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial assistance for citizens and permanent residents who reside in New Mexico. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive New Mexico government grants.
Government grants in New Mexico is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- New Mexico Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in New Mexico can be a risky task. There are more than 6,626 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on New Mexico Small Business Grants.
- New Mexico Education Grants: Education is an important role in New Mexico. The local government in New Mexico spend over $3,566,459,118.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in New Mexico to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on New Mexico Education Grants.
- New Mexico Housing Grants: At an average value of $158,400.00 per housing property, there are around 901,000 households in New Mexico. With an average annual household income of $43,508.00, only 70.40% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in New Mexico cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on New Mexico Housing Grants.
- New Mexico Veteran Grants: Residents of New Mexico who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on New Mexico Veteran Grants.
- New Mexico Personal Grants: The local state government in New Mexico does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, New Mexico residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of New Mexico. Here's more information on New Mexico Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants