New Mexico Government Grants
The U.S. government and New Mexico's department of finance has set aside $6,953.00 million dollars in federal grants and $6,635.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial assistance for residents who reside in the state of New Mexico. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive New Mexico government grants.
Government grants in New Mexico is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- New Mexico Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in New Mexico can be a risky thing to do. More than 6,626 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on New Mexico Small Business Grants.
- New Mexico Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in New Mexico. The local administration in New Mexico invest over $3,566,459,118.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in New Mexico to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on New Mexico Education Grants.
- New Mexico Housing Grants: At an average value of $158,400.00 per housing property, there are around 901,000 households in the state of New Mexico. With an average annual household income of $43,508.00, about 70.40% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in New Mexico is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on New Mexico Housing Grants.
- New Mexico Veteran Grants: Residents of New Mexico who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on New Mexico Veteran Grants.
- New Mexico Personal Grants: The local state government in New Mexico does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, New Mexico residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of New Mexico. Here's more information on New Mexico Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: