Alaska Government Grants
The United States government and Alaska's office of finance has put in $3,706.00 million dollars in federal grants and $3,624.00 million dollars in other forms of government funding for permanent residents who reside in Alaska. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive Alaska federal grants.
Government funding in Alaska is provided to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Alaska Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Alaska can be a risky task. There are more than 1,107 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Alaska Small Business Grants.
- Alaska Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Alaska. The local government in Alaska invest over $2,274,715,347.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Alaska to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Alaska Education Grants.
- Alaska Housing Grants: At an average market value of $229,100.00 per housing property, there are around 307,000 housing units in the state of Alaska. With an average annual household income of $68,460.00, only 66.40% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Alaska is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Alaska Housing Grants.
- Alaska Veteran Grants: Residents of Alaska who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Alaska Veteran Grants.
- Alaska Personal Grants: The local state government in Alaska does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Alaska residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Alaska. Here's more information on Alaska Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!