The US government and Alaska's department of finance has set aside $3,706.00 million dollars in federal grants and $3,624.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial aid for citizens and permanent residents who live in Alaska. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive Alaska federal grants.
Government grants in Alaska is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Alaska Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Alaska can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 1,107 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Alaska Small Business Grants.
- Alaska Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Alaska. The federal administration in Alaska spend over $2,274,715,347.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Alaska to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Alaska Education Grants.
- Alaska Housing Grants: At an average market value of $229,100.00 per real estate property, there are around 307,000 households in Alaska. With an average annual household income of $68,460.00, only 66.40% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Alaska is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Alaska Housing Grants.
- Alaska Veteran Grants: Residents of Alaska who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Alaska Veteran Grants.
- Alaska Personal Grants: The local state government in Alaska does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Alaska residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Alaska. Here's more information on Alaska Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants