Alaska Government Grants
The U.S. government and Alaska's department of finance has put in $3,706.00 million dollars in government grants and $3,624.00 million dollars in other forms of federal funding for citizens and permanent residents who reside in the state of Alaska. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive Alaska federal grants.
Government funding in Alaska is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Alaska Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Alaska can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 1,107 businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Alaska Small Business Grants.
- Alaska Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Alaska. The local administration in Alaska invest over $2,274,715,347.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Alaska to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Alaska Education Grants.
- Alaska Housing Grants: At an average market value of $229,100.00 per real estate property, there are around 307,000 households in the state of Alaska. With an average annual household income of $68,460.00, less than 66.40% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Alaska cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Alaska Housing Grants.
- Alaska Veteran Grants: Residents of Alaska who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Alaska Veteran Grants.
- Alaska Personal Grants: The local state government in Alaska does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Alaska residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Alaska. Here's more information on Alaska Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: