The United States government and Alaska's department of finance has put in $3,706.00 million dollars in government grants and $3,624.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial aid for citizens who live in Alaska. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Alaska government grants.
Government funding in Alaska is provided to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Alaska Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Alaska can be a risky thing to do. More than 1,107 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Alaska Small Business Grants.
- Alaska Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Alaska. The federal administration in Alaska spend over $2,274,715,347.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Alaska to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Alaska Education Grants.
- Alaska Housing Grants: At an average market value of $229,100.00 per housing property, there are more than 307,000 households in the state of Alaska. With an average annual household income of $68,460.00, about 66.40% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Alaska cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Alaska Housing Grants.
- Alaska Veteran Grants: Residents of Alaska who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Alaska Veteran Grants.
- Alaska Personal Grants: The local state government in Alaska does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Alaska residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Alaska. Here's more information on Alaska Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants