Alaska Government Grants
The U.S. government and Alaska's department of finance has set aside $3,706.00 million dollars in federal grants and $3,624.00 million dollars in other types of government funding for permanent residents who live in the state of Alaska. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive Alaska government grants.
Government grants in Alaska is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Alaska Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Alaska can be a risky task. More than 1,107 businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Alaska Small Business Grants.
- Alaska Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Alaska. The local government in Alaska invest over $2,274,715,347.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Alaska to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Alaska Education Grants.
- Alaska Housing Grants: At an average value of $229,100.00 per real estate property, there are more than 307,000 housing units in the state of Alaska. With an average annual household income of $68,460.00, less than 66.40% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Alaska is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Alaska Housing Grants.
- Alaska Veteran Grants: Residents of Alaska who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Alaska Veteran Grants.
- Alaska Personal Grants: The local state government in Alaska does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Alaska residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Alaska. Here's more information on Alaska Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: