Alaska Government Grants
The U.S. government and Alaska's department of finance has put in $3,706.00 million dollars in federal grants and $3,624.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial aid for citizens who live in the state of Alaska. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive Alaska government grants.
Government funding in Alaska is provided to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Alaska Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Alaska can be a risky task. More than 1,107 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Alaska Small Business Grants.
- Alaska Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Alaska. The local government in Alaska spend over $2,274,715,347.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Alaska to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Alaska Education Grants.
- Alaska Housing Grants: At an average market value of $229,100.00 per housing property, there are around 307,000 households in the state of Alaska. With an average annual household income of $68,460.00, less than 66.40% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Alaska cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Alaska Housing Grants.
- Alaska Veteran Grants: Residents of Alaska who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Alaska Veteran Grants.
- Alaska Personal Grants: The local state government in Alaska does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Alaska residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Alaska. Here's more information on Alaska Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: