The U.S. government and Ohio's department of finance has set aside $25,414.00 million dollars in federal grants and $19,115.00 million dollars in other types of government funding for permanent residents who live in the state of Ohio. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Ohio government grants.
Government financial aid in Ohio is distributed to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Ohio Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Ohio can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 72,924 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Ohio Small Business Grants.
- Ohio Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Ohio. The local administration in Ohio spend over $22,362,887,499.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Ohio to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Ohio Education Grants.
- Ohio Housing Grants: At an average value of $136,400.00 per housing property, there are around 5,120,000 housing units in the state of Ohio. With an average annual household income of $47,988.00, less than 70.80% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Ohio is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Ohio Housing Grants.
- Ohio Veteran Grants: Residents of Ohio who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Ohio Veteran Grants.
- Ohio Personal Grants: The local state government in Ohio does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Ohio residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Ohio. Here's more information on Ohio Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants