The U.S. government and Ohio's office of finance has put in $25,414.00 million dollars in government grants and $19,115.00 million dollars in other forms of federal funding for permanent residents who live in the state of Ohio. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive Ohio federal grants.
Government grants in Ohio is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Ohio Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Ohio can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 72,924 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Ohio Small Business Grants.
- Ohio Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Ohio. The local government in Ohio spend over $22,362,887,499.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Ohio to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Ohio Education Grants.
- Ohio Housing Grants: At an average market value of $136,400.00 per real estate property, there are more than 5,120,000 households in the state of Ohio. With an average annual household income of $47,988.00, only 70.80% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Ohio is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Ohio Housing Grants.
- Ohio Veteran Grants: Residents of Ohio who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Ohio Veteran Grants.
- Ohio Personal Grants: The local state government in Ohio does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Ohio residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Ohio. Here's more information on Ohio Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants