Ohio Government Grants
The federal government and Ohio's department of finance has set aside $25,414.00 million dollars in government grants and $19,115.00 million dollars in other types of federal funding for citizens and permanent residents who reside in the state of Ohio. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive Ohio government grants.
Government grants in Ohio is distributed to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Ohio Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Ohio can be a risky task. More than 72,924 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Ohio Small Business Grants.
- Ohio Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Ohio. The local administration in Ohio invest over $22,362,887,499.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Ohio to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Ohio Education Grants.
- Ohio Housing Grants: At an average value of $136,400.00 per housing property, there are more than 5,120,000 households in the state of Ohio. With an average annual household income of $47,988.00, only 70.80% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Ohio cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Ohio Housing Grants.
- Ohio Veteran Grants: Residents of Ohio who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Ohio Veteran Grants.
- Ohio Personal Grants: The local state government in Ohio does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Ohio residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Ohio. Here's more information on Ohio Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: