Ohio Government Grants
The U.S. government and Ohio's department of finance has put in $25,414.00 million dollars in government grants and $19,115.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial aid for citizens who reside in the state of Ohio. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive Ohio federal grants.
Government funding in Ohio is provided to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Ohio Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Ohio can be a risky task. There are more than 72,924 businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Ohio Small Business Grants.
- Ohio Education Grants: Education is an important role in Ohio. The federal administration in Ohio invest over $22,362,887,499.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Ohio to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Ohio Education Grants.
- Ohio Housing Grants: At an average market value of $136,400.00 per real estate property, there are more than 5,120,000 housing units in the state of Ohio. With an average annual household income of $47,988.00, about 70.80% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Ohio cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Ohio Housing Grants.
- Ohio Veteran Grants: Residents of Ohio who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Ohio Veteran Grants.
- Ohio Personal Grants: The local state government in Ohio does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Ohio residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Ohio. Here's more information on Ohio Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: