Minnesota Government Grants
The US government and Minnesota's department of finance has put in $11,744.00 million dollars in government grants and $9,304.00 million dollars in other types of federal funding for citizens and permanent residents who live in Minnesota. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive Minnesota government grants.
Government funding in Minnesota is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Minnesota Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Minnesota can be a risky task. There are more than 22,575 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Minnesota Small Business Grants.
- Minnesota Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Minnesota. The federal administration in Minnesota invest over $10,412,448,487.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Minnesota to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Minnesota Education Grants.
- Minnesota Housing Grants: At an average market value of $206,200.00 per real estate property, there are more than 2,340,000 housing units in the state of Minnesota. With an average annual household income of $57,288.00, about 73.10% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Minnesota cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Minnesota Housing Grants.
- Minnesota Veteran Grants: Residents of Minnesota who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Minnesota Veteran Grants.
- Minnesota Personal Grants: The local state government in Minnesota does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Minnesota residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Minnesota. Here's more information on Minnesota Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: