Minnesota Government Grants
The US government and Minnesota's office of finance has set aside $11,744.00 million dollars in federal grants and $9,304.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial aid for permanent residents who reside in the state of Minnesota. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Minnesota government grants.
Government financial aid in Minnesota is distributed to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Minnesota Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Minnesota can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 22,575 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Minnesota Small Business Grants.
- Minnesota Education Grants: Education is an important role in Minnesota. The federal administration in Minnesota spend over $10,412,448,487.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Minnesota to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Minnesota Education Grants.
- Minnesota Housing Grants: At an average market value of $206,200.00 per housing property, there are more than 2,340,000 housing units in Minnesota. With an average annual household income of $57,288.00, less than 73.10% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Minnesota cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Minnesota Housing Grants.
- Minnesota Veteran Grants: Residents of Minnesota who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Minnesota Veteran Grants.
- Minnesota Personal Grants: The local state government in Minnesota does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Minnesota residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Minnesota. Here's more information on Minnesota Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: