Wisconsin Government Grants
The US government and Wisconsin's department of finance has put in $19,219.00 million dollars in government grants and $9,556.00 million dollars in other types of government funding for citizens and permanent residents who live in Wisconsin. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive Wisconsin federal grants.
Government financial aid in Wisconsin is distributed to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Wisconsin Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Wisconsin can be a risky task. More than 30,036 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Wisconsin Small Business Grants.
- Wisconsin Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Wisconsin. The federal government in Wisconsin spend over $10,972,161,921.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Wisconsin to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Wisconsin Education Grants.
- Wisconsin Housing Grants: At an average market value of $169,000.00 per housing property, there are around 2,620,000 households in the state of Wisconsin. With an average annual household income of $52,094.00, about 70.40% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Wisconsin cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Wisconsin Housing Grants.
- Wisconsin Veteran Grants: Residents of Wisconsin who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Wisconsin Veteran Grants.
- Wisconsin Personal Grants: The local state government in Wisconsin does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Wisconsin residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Wisconsin. Here's more information on Wisconsin Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: