Wisconsin Government Grants
The U.S. government and Wisconsin's department of finance has put in $19,219.00 million dollars in federal grants and $9,556.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial aid for people who reside in the state of Wisconsin. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Wisconsin federal grants.
Government funding in Wisconsin is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Wisconsin Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Wisconsin can be a risky thing to do. More than 30,036 businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Wisconsin Small Business Grants.
- Wisconsin Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Wisconsin. The local administration in Wisconsin invest over $10,972,161,921.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Wisconsin to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Wisconsin Education Grants.
- Wisconsin Housing Grants: At an average market value of $169,000.00 per real estate property, there are more than 2,620,000 households in the state of Wisconsin. With an average annual household income of $52,094.00, only 70.40% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Wisconsin is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Wisconsin Housing Grants.
- Wisconsin Veteran Grants: Residents of Wisconsin who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Wisconsin Veteran Grants.
- Wisconsin Personal Grants: The local state government in Wisconsin does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Wisconsin residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Wisconsin. Here's more information on Wisconsin Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: