Georgia Government Grants
The United States government and Georgia's office of finance has set aside $19,185.00 million dollars in federal grants and $12,953.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial assistance for permanent residents who live in Georgia. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive Georgia federal grants.
Government grants in Georgia is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Georgia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Georgia can be a risky task. There are more than 77,809 businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Georgia Small Business Grants.
- Georgia Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Georgia. The local administration in Georgia invest over $19,007,701,383.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Georgia to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Georgia Education Grants.
- Georgia Housing Grants: At an average value of $161,400.00 per housing property, there are more than 4,080,000 housing units in Georgia. With an average annual household income of $50,861.00, about 68.20% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Georgia cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Georgia Housing Grants.
- Georgia Veteran Grants: Residents of Georgia who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Georgia Veteran Grants.
- Georgia Personal Grants: The local state government in Georgia does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Georgia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Georgia. Here's more information on Georgia Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: