Nebraska Government Grants
The U.S. government and Nebraska's department of finance has set aside $3,656.00 million dollars in government grants and $2,826.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial assistance for residents who live in the state of Nebraska. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive Nebraska federal grants.
Government financial aid in Nebraska is distributed to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Nebraska Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Nebraska can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 7,933 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Nebraska Small Business Grants.
- Nebraska Education Grants: Education is an important role in Nebraska. The federal government in Nebraska invest over $3,457,339,806.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Nebraska to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Nebraska Education Grants.
- Nebraska Housing Grants: At an average value of $123,900.00 per housing property, there are more than 796,000 housing units in the state of Nebraska. With an average annual household income of $49,693.00, about 69.60% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Nebraska is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Nebraska Housing Grants.
- Nebraska Veteran Grants: Residents of Nebraska who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Nebraska Veteran Grants.
- Nebraska Personal Grants: The local state government in Nebraska does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Nebraska residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Nebraska. Here's more information on Nebraska Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: