The US government and Virginia's department of finance has put in $12,670.00 million dollars in government grants and $8,970.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial aid for individuals who live in the state of Virginia. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive Virginia government grants.
Government financial aid in Virginia is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Virginia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Virginia can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 37,760 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Virginia Small Business Grants.
- Virginia Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Virginia. The federal government in Virginia invest over $14,885,598,515.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Virginia to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Virginia Education Grants.
- Virginia Housing Grants: At an average value of $255,100.00 per real estate property, there are around 3,360,000 housing units in Virginia. With an average annual household income of $61,233.00, only 70.60% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Virginia is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Virginia Housing Grants.
- Virginia Veteran Grants: Residents of Virginia who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Virginia Veteran Grants.
- Virginia Personal Grants: The local state government in Virginia does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Virginia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Virginia. Here's more information on Virginia Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants