The federal government and Virginia's department of finance has put in $12,670.00 million dollars in government grants and $8,970.00 million dollars in other types of federal funding for people who live in Virginia. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive Virginia government grants.
Government financial aid in Virginia is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Virginia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Virginia can be a risky thing to do. More than 37,760 businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Virginia Small Business Grants.
- Virginia Education Grants: Education is an important role in Virginia. The local government in Virginia spend over $14,885,598,515.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Virginia to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Virginia Education Grants.
- Virginia Housing Grants: At an average market value of $255,100.00 per real estate property, there are more than 3,360,000 housing units in Virginia. With an average annual household income of $61,233.00, only 70.60% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Virginia is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Virginia Housing Grants.
- Virginia Veteran Grants: Residents of Virginia who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Virginia Veteran Grants.
- Virginia Personal Grants: The local state government in Virginia does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Virginia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Virginia. Here's more information on Virginia Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants