Virginia Government Grants
The US government and Virginia's department of finance has put in $12,670.00 million dollars in federal grants and $8,970.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial assistance for individuals who live in the state of Virginia. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive Virginia government grants.
Government grants in Virginia is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Virginia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Virginia can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 37,760 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Virginia Small Business Grants.
- Virginia Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Virginia. The local government in Virginia spend over $14,885,598,515.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Virginia to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Virginia Education Grants.
- Virginia Housing Grants: At an average market value of $255,100.00 per real estate property, there are around 3,360,000 real estate properties in the state of Virginia. With an average annual household income of $61,233.00, only 70.60% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Virginia cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Virginia Housing Grants.
- Virginia Veteran Grants: Residents of Virginia who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Virginia Veteran Grants.
- Virginia Personal Grants: The local state government in Virginia does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Virginia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Virginia. Here's more information on Virginia Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: