Virginia Government Grants
The federal government and Virginia's department of finance has put in $12,670.00 million dollars in federal grants and $8,970.00 million dollars in other forms of government funding for citizens who reside in the state of Virginia. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive Virginia government grants.
Government grants in Virginia is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Virginia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Virginia can be a risky thing to do. More than 37,760 businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Virginia Small Business Grants.
- Virginia Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Virginia. The federal administration in Virginia spend over $14,885,598,515.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Virginia to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Virginia Education Grants.
- Virginia Housing Grants: At an average market value of $255,100.00 per real estate property, there are more than 3,360,000 housing units in Virginia. With an average annual household income of $61,233.00, only 70.60% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Virginia is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Virginia Housing Grants.
- Virginia Veteran Grants: Residents of Virginia who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Virginia Veteran Grants.
- Virginia Personal Grants: The local state government in Virginia does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Virginia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Virginia. Here's more information on Virginia Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!