Virginia Government Grants
The U.S. government and Virginia's office of finance has put in $12,670.00 million dollars in federal grants and $8,970.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial aid for people who reside in Virginia. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Virginia federal grants.
Government funding in Virginia is provided to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Virginia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Virginia can be a risky task. More than 37,760 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Virginia Small Business Grants.
- Virginia Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Virginia. The local government in Virginia invest over $14,885,598,515.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Virginia to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Virginia Education Grants.
- Virginia Housing Grants: At an average market value of $255,100.00 per real estate property, there are around 3,360,000 housing units in the state of Virginia. With an average annual household income of $61,233.00, less than 70.60% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Virginia cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Virginia Housing Grants.
- Virginia Veteran Grants: Residents of Virginia who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Virginia Veteran Grants.
- Virginia Personal Grants: The local state government in Virginia does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Virginia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Virginia. Here's more information on Virginia Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: