Louisiana Government Grants
The United States government and Louisiana's office of finance has set aside $15,249.00 million dollars in government grants and $11,534.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial assistance for people who reside in Louisiana. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Louisiana government grants.
Government grants in Louisiana is provided to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Louisiana Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Louisiana can be a risky thing to do. More than 19,524 businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Louisiana Small Business Grants.
- Louisiana Education Grants: Education is an important role in Louisiana. The federal administration in Louisiana spend over $7,771,248,017.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Louisiana to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Louisiana Education Grants.
- Louisiana Housing Grants: At an average value of $130,000.00 per real estate property, there are around 1,960,000 households in the state of Louisiana. With an average annual household income of $43,733.00, only 73.50% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Louisiana cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Louisiana Housing Grants.
- Louisiana Veteran Grants: Residents of Louisiana who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Louisiana Veteran Grants.
- Louisiana Personal Grants: The local state government in Louisiana does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Louisiana residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Louisiana. Here's more information on Louisiana Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: