Louisiana Government Grants
The United States government and Louisiana's department of finance has put in $15,249.00 million dollars in federal grants and $11,534.00 million dollars in other types of federal funding for residents who reside in Louisiana. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive Louisiana federal grants.
Government financial aid in Louisiana is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Louisiana Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Louisiana can be a risky task. There are more than 19,524 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Louisiana Small Business Grants.
- Louisiana Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Louisiana. The federal government in Louisiana invest over $7,771,248,017.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Louisiana to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Louisiana Education Grants.
- Louisiana Housing Grants: At an average value of $130,000.00 per housing property, there are around 1,960,000 housing units in the state of Louisiana. With an average annual household income of $43,733.00, only 73.50% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Louisiana is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Louisiana Housing Grants.
- Louisiana Veteran Grants: Residents of Louisiana who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Louisiana Veteran Grants.
- Louisiana Personal Grants: The local state government in Louisiana does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Louisiana residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Louisiana. Here's more information on Louisiana Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: