The federal government and Louisiana's office of finance has put in $15,249.00 million dollars in federal grants and $11,534.00 million dollars in other forms of government funding for citizens who live in the state of Louisiana. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive Louisiana federal grants.
Government financial aid in Louisiana is distributed to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Louisiana Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Louisiana can be a risky task. More than 19,524 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Louisiana Small Business Grants.
- Louisiana Education Grants: Education is an important role in Louisiana. The local government in Louisiana spend over $7,771,248,017.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Louisiana to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Louisiana Education Grants.
- Louisiana Housing Grants: At an average market value of $130,000.00 per real estate property, there are more than 1,960,000 real estate properties in Louisiana. With an average annual household income of $43,733.00, only 73.50% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Louisiana is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Louisiana Housing Grants.
- Louisiana Veteran Grants: Residents of Louisiana who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Louisiana Veteran Grants.
- Louisiana Personal Grants: The local state government in Louisiana does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Louisiana residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Louisiana. Here's more information on Louisiana Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants