New York Government Grants
The U.S. government and New York's office of finance has put in $62,419.00 million dollars in federal grants and $52,183.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial assistance for people who live in New York. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive New York government grants.
Government financial aid in New York is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- New York Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in New York can be a risky task. There are more than 58,161 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on New York Small Business Grants.
- New York Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in New York. The federal administration in New York spend over $51,991,666,265.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in New York to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on New York Education Grants.
- New York Housing Grants: At an average value of $303,900.00 per real estate property, there are more than 8,100,000 housing units in the state of New York. With an average annual household income of $56,033.00, only 55.00% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in New York cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on New York Housing Grants.
- New York Veteran Grants: Residents of New York who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on New York Veteran Grants.
- New York Personal Grants: The local state government in New York does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, New York residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of New York. Here's more information on New York Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: