New York Government Grants
The U.S. government and New York's office of finance has put in $62,419.00 million dollars in federal grants and $52,183.00 million dollars in other types of government financial aid for citizens and permanent residents who reside in the state of New York. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive New York federal grants.
Government funding in New York is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- New York Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in New York can be a risky task. There are more than 58,161 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on New York Small Business Grants.
- New York Education Grants: Education is an important sector in New York. The local government in New York spend over $51,991,666,265.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in New York to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on New York Education Grants.
- New York Housing Grants: At an average market value of $303,900.00 per real estate property, there are around 8,100,000 real estate properties in New York. With an average annual household income of $56,033.00, about 55.00% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in New York cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on New York Housing Grants.
- New York Veteran Grants: Residents of New York who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on New York Veteran Grants.
- New York Personal Grants: The local state government in New York does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, New York residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of New York. Here's more information on New York Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!