The US government and New York's department of finance has put in $62,419.00 million dollars in federal grants and $52,183.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial aid for citizens who live in New York. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive New York federal grants.
Government funding in New York is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- New York Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in New York can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 58,161 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on New York Small Business Grants.
- New York Education Grants: Education is an important sector in New York. The federal administration in New York spend over $51,991,666,265.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in New York to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on New York Education Grants.
- New York Housing Grants: At an average market value of $303,900.00 per housing property, there are more than 8,100,000 households in New York. With an average annual household income of $56,033.00, less than 55.00% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in New York cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on New York Housing Grants.
- New York Veteran Grants: Residents of New York who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on New York Veteran Grants.
- New York Personal Grants: The local state government in New York does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, New York residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of New York. Here's more information on New York Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants