New York Government Grants
The federal government and New York's office of finance has set aside $62,419.00 million dollars in government grants and $52,183.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial assistance for individuals who reside in New York. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive New York government grants.
Government grants in New York is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- New York Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in New York can be a risky task. More than 58,161 businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on New York Small Business Grants.
- New York Education Grants: Education is an important sector in New York. The federal government in New York invest over $51,991,666,265.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in New York to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on New York Education Grants.
- New York Housing Grants: At an average market value of $303,900.00 per housing property, there are more than 8,100,000 households in New York. With an average annual household income of $56,033.00, only 55.00% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in New York cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on New York Housing Grants.
- New York Veteran Grants: Residents of New York who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on New York Veteran Grants.
- New York Personal Grants: The local state government in New York does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, New York residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of New York. Here's more information on New York Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: