Utah Government Grants
The U.S. government and Utah's department of finance has put in $4,945.00 million dollars in federal grants and $3,942.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial assistance for individuals who reside in the state of Utah. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive Utah federal grants.
Government financial aid in Utah is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Utah Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Utah can be a risky task. There are more than 17,043 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Utah Small Business Grants.
- Utah Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Utah. The local government in Utah spend over $4,571,248,381.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Utah to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Utah Education Grants.
- Utah Housing Grants: At an average value of $218,100.00 per real estate property, there are more than 979,000 housing units in the state of Utah. With an average annual household income of $56,633.00, less than 76.20% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Utah cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Utah Housing Grants.
- Utah Veteran Grants: Residents of Utah who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Utah Veteran Grants.
- Utah Personal Grants: The local state government in Utah does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Utah residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Utah. Here's more information on Utah Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: