District of Columbia Government Grants
The federal government and District of Columbia's office of finance has put in $12,022.00 million dollars in federal grants and $9,659.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial aid for individuals who reside in the state of District of Columbia. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive District of Columbia federal grants.
Government funding in District of Columbia is provided to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- District of Columbia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in District of Columbia can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 1,257 businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on District of Columbia Small Business Grants.
- District of Columbia Education Grants: Education plays an important role in District of Columbia. The federal administration in District of Columbia spend over $1,589,567,803.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in District of Columbia to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on District of Columbia Education Grants.
- District of Columbia Housing Grants: At an average market value of $443,300.00 per housing property, there are around 296,000 real estate properties in the state of District of Columbia. With an average annual household income of $57,936.00, less than 44.10% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in District of Columbia cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on District of Columbia Housing Grants.
- District of Columbia Veteran Grants: Residents of District of Columbia who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on District of Columbia Veteran Grants.
- District of Columbia Personal Grants: The local state government in District of Columbia does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, District of Columbia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of District of Columbia. Here's more information on District of Columbia Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!