District of Columbia Government Grants
The United States government and District of Columbia's department of finance has put in $12,022.00 million dollars in government grants and $9,659.00 million dollars in other types of government financial aid for citizens and permanent residents who reside in the state of District of Columbia. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive District of Columbia government grants.
Government funding in District of Columbia is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- District of Columbia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in District of Columbia can be a risky task. More than 1,257 businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on District of Columbia Small Business Grants.
- District of Columbia Education Grants: Education plays an important role in District of Columbia. The local government in District of Columbia spend over $1,589,567,803.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in District of Columbia to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on District of Columbia Education Grants.
- District of Columbia Housing Grants: At an average value of $443,300.00 per housing property, there are more than 296,000 housing units in the state of District of Columbia. With an average annual household income of $57,936.00, less than 44.10% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in District of Columbia cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on District of Columbia Housing Grants.
- District of Columbia Veteran Grants: Residents of District of Columbia who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on District of Columbia Veteran Grants.
- District of Columbia Personal Grants: The local state government in District of Columbia does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, District of Columbia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of District of Columbia. Here's more information on District of Columbia Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: