The US government and District of Columbia's department of finance has put in $12,022.00 million dollars in government grants and $9,659.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial aid for residents who live in the state of District of Columbia. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive District of Columbia federal grants.
Government financial aid in District of Columbia is provided to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- District of Columbia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in District of Columbia can be a risky thing to do. More than 1,257 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on District of Columbia Small Business Grants.
- District of Columbia Education Grants: Education is an important role in District of Columbia. The federal administration in District of Columbia spend over $1,589,567,803.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in District of Columbia to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on District of Columbia Education Grants.
- District of Columbia Housing Grants: At an average market value of $443,300.00 per real estate property, there are more than 296,000 households in the state of District of Columbia. With an average annual household income of $57,936.00, about 44.10% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in District of Columbia cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on District of Columbia Housing Grants.
- District of Columbia Veteran Grants: Residents of District of Columbia who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on District of Columbia Veteran Grants.
- District of Columbia Personal Grants: The local state government in District of Columbia does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, District of Columbia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of District of Columbia. Here's more information on District of Columbia Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants