District of Columbia Government Grants
The US government and District of Columbia's department of finance has set aside $12,022.00 million dollars in federal grants and $9,659.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial aid for individuals who live in District of Columbia. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive District of Columbia government grants.
Government funding in District of Columbia is distributed to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- District of Columbia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in District of Columbia can be a risky task. More than 1,257 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on District of Columbia Small Business Grants.
- District of Columbia Education Grants: Education is an important role in District of Columbia. The federal administration in District of Columbia invest over $1,589,567,803.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in District of Columbia to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on District of Columbia Education Grants.
- District of Columbia Housing Grants: At an average market value of $443,300.00 per housing property, there are more than 296,000 households in District of Columbia. With an average annual household income of $57,936.00, about 44.10% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in District of Columbia cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on District of Columbia Housing Grants.
- District of Columbia Veteran Grants: Residents of District of Columbia who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on District of Columbia Veteran Grants.
- District of Columbia Personal Grants: The local state government in District of Columbia does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, District of Columbia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of District of Columbia. Here's more information on District of Columbia Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!