District of Columbia Government Grants
The federal government and District of Columbia's department of finance has set aside $12,022.00 million dollars in government grants and $9,659.00 million dollars in other types of federal funding for permanent residents who reside in the state of District of Columbia. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive District of Columbia government grants.
Government funding in District of Columbia is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- District of Columbia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in District of Columbia can be a risky task. More than 1,257 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on District of Columbia Small Business Grants.
- District of Columbia Education Grants: Education is an important sector in District of Columbia. The local government in District of Columbia invest over $1,589,567,803.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in District of Columbia to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on District of Columbia Education Grants.
- District of Columbia Housing Grants: At an average market value of $443,300.00 per real estate property, there are around 296,000 real estate properties in District of Columbia. With an average annual household income of $57,936.00, about 44.10% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in District of Columbia is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on District of Columbia Housing Grants.
- District of Columbia Veteran Grants: Residents of District of Columbia who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on District of Columbia Veteran Grants.
- District of Columbia Personal Grants: The local state government in District of Columbia does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, District of Columbia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of District of Columbia. Here's more information on District of Columbia Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!