District of Columbia Government Grants
The federal government and District of Columbia's office of finance has put in $12,022.00 million dollars in federal grants and $9,659.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial aid for permanent residents who live in the state of District of Columbia. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive District of Columbia federal grants.
Government grants in District of Columbia is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- District of Columbia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in District of Columbia can be a risky task. There are more than 1,257 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on District of Columbia Small Business Grants.
- District of Columbia Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in District of Columbia. The local administration in District of Columbia spend over $1,589,567,803.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in District of Columbia to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on District of Columbia Education Grants.
- District of Columbia Housing Grants: At an average market value of $443,300.00 per housing property, there are more than 296,000 real estate properties in District of Columbia. With an average annual household income of $57,936.00, less than 44.10% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in District of Columbia is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on District of Columbia Housing Grants.
- District of Columbia Veteran Grants: Residents of District of Columbia who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on District of Columbia Veteran Grants.
- District of Columbia Personal Grants: The local state government in District of Columbia does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, District of Columbia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of District of Columbia. Here's more information on District of Columbia Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: