District of Columbia Government Grants
The U.S. government and District of Columbia's department of finance has set aside $12,022.00 million dollars in federal grants and $9,659.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial assistance for citizens who live in District of Columbia. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive District of Columbia government grants.
Government grants in District of Columbia is distributed to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- District of Columbia Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in District of Columbia can be a risky task. There are more than 1,257 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on District of Columbia Small Business Grants.
- District of Columbia Education Grants: Education is an important role in District of Columbia. The federal government in District of Columbia invest over $1,589,567,803.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in District of Columbia to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on District of Columbia Education Grants.
- District of Columbia Housing Grants: At an average market value of $443,300.00 per real estate property, there are more than 296,000 households in District of Columbia. With an average annual household income of $57,936.00, less than 44.10% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in District of Columbia is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on District of Columbia Housing Grants.
- District of Columbia Veteran Grants: Residents of District of Columbia who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on District of Columbia Veteran Grants.
- District of Columbia Personal Grants: The local state government in District of Columbia does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, District of Columbia residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of District of Columbia. Here's more information on District of Columbia Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: