Oregon Government Grants
The federal government and Oregon's office of finance has set aside $8,705.00 million dollars in federal grants and $6,807.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial assistance for people who live in the state of Oregon. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive Oregon federal grants.
Government funding in Oregon is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Oregon Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Oregon can be a risky task. More than 20,094 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Oregon Small Business Grants.
- Oregon Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Oregon. The federal government in Oregon spend over $6,331,026,066.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Oregon to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Oregon Education Grants.
- Oregon Housing Grants: At an average value of $252,600.00 per real estate property, there are more than 1,670,000 housing units in Oregon. With an average annual household income of $50,169.00, only 66.20% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Oregon is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Oregon Housing Grants.
- Oregon Veteran Grants: Residents of Oregon who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Oregon Veteran Grants.
- Oregon Personal Grants: The local state government in Oregon does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Oregon residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Oregon. Here's more information on Oregon Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: