Hawaii Government Grants
The federal government and Hawaii's office of finance has put in $3,258.00 million dollars in federal grants and $2,560.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial assistance for permanent residents who reside in the state of Hawaii. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Hawaii government grants.
Government financial aid in Hawaii is provided to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Hawaii Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Hawaii can be a risky thing to do. More than 3,675 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Hawaii Small Business Grants.
- Hawaii Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Hawaii. The local administration in Hawaii invest over $2,342,493,477.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Hawaii to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Hawaii Education Grants.
- Hawaii Housing Grants: At an average market value of $537,400.00 per housing property, there are more than 519,000 real estate properties in the state of Hawaii. With an average annual household income of $67,214.00, less than 59.10% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Hawaii cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Hawaii Housing Grants.
- Hawaii Veteran Grants: Residents of Hawaii who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Hawaii Veteran Grants.
- Hawaii Personal Grants: The local state government in Hawaii does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Hawaii residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Hawaii. Here's more information on Hawaii Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: