Alabama Government Grants
The United States government and Alabama's department of finance has put in $10,008.00 million dollars in federal grants and $7,610.00 million dollars in other types of federal funding for permanent residents who reside in Alabama. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Alabama government grants.
Government grants in Alabama is distributed to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Alabama Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Alabama can be a risky task. There are more than 34,932 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Alabama Small Business Grants.
- Alabama Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Alabama. The federal government in Alabama spend over $7,908,315,848.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Alabama to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Alabama Education Grants.
- Alabama Housing Grants: At an average value of $117,600.00 per real estate property, there are around 2,170,000 real estate properties in Alabama. With an average annual household income of $42,666.00, less than 73.00% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Alabama cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Alabama Housing Grants.
- Alabama Veteran Grants: Residents of Alabama who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Alabama Veteran Grants.
- Alabama Personal Grants: The local state government in Alabama does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Alabama residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Alabama. Here's more information on Alabama Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: