Alabama Government Grants
The US government and Alabama's office of finance has put in $10,008.00 million dollars in government grants and $7,610.00 million dollars in other types of government funding for residents who reside in Alabama. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive Alabama federal grants.
Government funding in Alabama is provided to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Alabama Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Alabama can be a risky task. There are more than 34,932 businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Alabama Small Business Grants.
- Alabama Education Grants: Education is an important role in Alabama. The federal government in Alabama invest over $7,908,315,848.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Alabama to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Alabama Education Grants.
- Alabama Housing Grants: At an average value of $117,600.00 per housing property, there are around 2,170,000 housing units in the state of Alabama. With an average annual household income of $42,666.00, only 73.00% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Alabama cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Alabama Housing Grants.
- Alabama Veteran Grants: Residents of Alabama who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Alabama Veteran Grants.
- Alabama Personal Grants: The local state government in Alabama does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Alabama residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Alabama. Here's more information on Alabama Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: