Alabama Government Grants
The United States government and Alabama's office of finance has set aside $10,008.00 million dollars in government grants and $7,610.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial aid for citizens and permanent residents who reside in Alabama. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive Alabama federal grants.
Government grants in Alabama is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Alabama Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Alabama can be a risky task. There are more than 34,932 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Alabama Small Business Grants.
- Alabama Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Alabama. The federal government in Alabama spend over $7,908,315,848.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Alabama to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Alabama Education Grants.
- Alabama Housing Grants: At an average market value of $117,600.00 per housing property, there are around 2,170,000 housing units in Alabama. With an average annual household income of $42,666.00, less than 73.00% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Alabama is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Alabama Housing Grants.
- Alabama Veteran Grants: Residents of Alabama who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Alabama Veteran Grants.
- Alabama Personal Grants: The local state government in Alabama does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Alabama residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Alabama. Here's more information on Alabama Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: