The U.S. government and Alabama's office of finance has set aside $10,008.00 million dollars in government grants and $7,610.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial assistance for people who reside in the state of Alabama. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive Alabama federal grants.
Government funding in Alabama is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Alabama Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Alabama can be a risky thing to do. More than 34,932 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Alabama Small Business Grants.
- Alabama Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Alabama. The federal administration in Alabama invest over $7,908,315,848.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Alabama to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Alabama Education Grants.
- Alabama Housing Grants: At an average market value of $117,600.00 per real estate property, there are more than 2,170,000 housing units in the state of Alabama. With an average annual household income of $42,666.00, about 73.00% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Alabama is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Alabama Housing Grants.
- Alabama Veteran Grants: Residents of Alabama who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Alabama Veteran Grants.
- Alabama Personal Grants: The local state government in Alabama does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Alabama residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Alabama. Here's more information on Alabama Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants