Alabama Government Grants
The U.S. government and Alabama's department of finance has put in $10,008.00 million dollars in federal grants and $7,610.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial assistance for citizens who reside in the state of Alabama. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive Alabama federal grants.
Government funding in Alabama is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Alabama Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Alabama can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 34,932 businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Alabama Small Business Grants.
- Alabama Education Grants: Education is an important role in Alabama. The federal government in Alabama invest over $7,908,315,848.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Alabama to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Alabama Education Grants.
- Alabama Housing Grants: At an average market value of $117,600.00 per real estate property, there are more than 2,170,000 households in the state of Alabama. With an average annual household income of $42,666.00, about 73.00% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Alabama cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Alabama Housing Grants.
- Alabama Veteran Grants: Residents of Alabama who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Alabama Veteran Grants.
- Alabama Personal Grants: The local state government in Alabama does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Alabama residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Alabama. Here's more information on Alabama Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: