South Dakota Government Grants
The US government and South Dakota's department of finance has set aside $2,467.00 million dollars in government grants and $2,068.00 million dollars in other forms of government funding for people who reside in South Dakota. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive South Dakota government grants.
Government financial aid in South Dakota is distributed to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- South Dakota Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in South Dakota can be a risky thing to do. More than 1,979 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on South Dakota Small Business Grants.
- South Dakota Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in South Dakota. The local government in South Dakota invest over $1,180,853,798.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in South Dakota to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on South Dakota Education Grants.
- South Dakota Housing Grants: At an average market value of $122,200.00 per real estate property, there are around 363,000 households in the state of South Dakota. With an average annual household income of $46,032.00, only 70.40% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in South Dakota cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on South Dakota Housing Grants.
- South Dakota Veteran Grants: Residents of South Dakota who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on South Dakota Veteran Grants.
- South Dakota Personal Grants: The local state government in South Dakota does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, South Dakota residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of South Dakota. Here's more information on South Dakota Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: