South Dakota Government Grants
The US government and South Dakota's office of finance has put in $2,467.00 million dollars in government grants and $2,068.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial assistance for permanent residents who reside in the state of South Dakota. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive South Dakota federal grants.
Government grants in South Dakota is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- South Dakota Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in South Dakota can be a risky task. There are more than 1,979 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on South Dakota Small Business Grants.
- South Dakota Education Grants: Education is an important sector in South Dakota. The local administration in South Dakota invest over $1,180,853,798.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in South Dakota to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on South Dakota Education Grants.
- South Dakota Housing Grants: At an average value of $122,200.00 per housing property, there are around 363,000 real estate properties in the state of South Dakota. With an average annual household income of $46,032.00, only 70.40% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in South Dakota is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on South Dakota Housing Grants.
- South Dakota Veteran Grants: Residents of South Dakota who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on South Dakota Veteran Grants.
- South Dakota Personal Grants: The local state government in South Dakota does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, South Dakota residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of South Dakota. Here's more information on South Dakota Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: