South Dakota Government Grants
The United States government and South Dakota's office of finance has set aside $2,467.00 million dollars in federal grants and $2,068.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial assistance for citizens and permanent residents who reside in the state of South Dakota. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are entitled to apply and receive South Dakota government grants.
Government financial aid in South Dakota is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- South Dakota Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in South Dakota can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 1,979 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on South Dakota Small Business Grants.
- South Dakota Education Grants: Education plays an important role in South Dakota. The local administration in South Dakota invest over $1,180,853,798.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in South Dakota to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on South Dakota Education Grants.
- South Dakota Housing Grants: At an average market value of $122,200.00 per housing property, there are more than 363,000 households in South Dakota. With an average annual household income of $46,032.00, only 70.40% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in South Dakota is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on South Dakota Housing Grants.
- South Dakota Veteran Grants: Residents of South Dakota who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on South Dakota Veteran Grants.
- South Dakota Personal Grants: The local state government in South Dakota does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, South Dakota residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of South Dakota. Here's more information on South Dakota Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: