New Jersey Government Grants
The U.S. government and New Jersey's office of finance has put in $16,785.00 million dollars in federal grants and $13,515.00 million dollars in other types of government financial aid for residents who reside in the state of New Jersey. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be eligible to apply and receive New Jersey federal grants.
Government financial aid in New Jersey is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- New Jersey Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in New Jersey can be a risky task. There are more than 39,707 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on New Jersey Small Business Grants.
- New Jersey Education Grants: Education is an important sector in New Jersey. The local government in New Jersey invest over $26,478,108,661.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in New Jersey to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on New Jersey Education Grants.
- New Jersey Housing Grants: At an average value of $357,000.00 per housing property, there are around 3,550,000 real estate properties in New Jersey. With an average annual household income of $70,378.00, only 67.30% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in New Jersey cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on New Jersey Housing Grants.
- New Jersey Veteran Grants: Residents of New Jersey who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on New Jersey Veteran Grants.
- New Jersey Personal Grants: The local state government in New Jersey does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, New Jersey residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of New Jersey. Here's more information on New Jersey Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: