Maine Government Grants
The federal government and Maine's department of finance has set aside $4,084.00 million dollars in federal grants and $3,399.00 million dollars in other forms of federal funding for citizens and permanent residents who reside in Maine. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive Maine federal grants.
Government financial aid in Maine is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Maine Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Maine can be a risky task. There are more than 4,131 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Maine Small Business Grants.
- Maine Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Maine. The federal administration in Maine spend over $2,516,597,127.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Maine to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Maine Education Grants.
- Maine Housing Grants: At an average value of $176,200.00 per housing property, there are more than 721,000 households in Maine. With an average annual household income of $46,581.00, about 73.90% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Maine cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Maine Housing Grants.
- Maine Veteran Grants: Residents of Maine who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Maine Veteran Grants.
- Maine Personal Grants: The local state government in Maine does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Maine residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Maine. Here's more information on Maine Personal Grants.