The federal government and Maine's department of finance has set aside $4,084.00 million dollars in government grants and $3,399.00 million dollars in other forms of federal funding for individuals who live in the state of Maine. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Maine federal grants.
Government financial aid in Maine is provided to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Maine Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Maine can be a risky task. There are more than 4,131 businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Maine Small Business Grants.
- Maine Education Grants: Education is an important role in Maine. The federal government in Maine invest over $2,516,597,127.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Maine to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Maine Education Grants.
- Maine Housing Grants: At an average value of $176,200.00 per real estate property, there are more than 721,000 housing units in the state of Maine. With an average annual household income of $46,581.00, less than 73.90% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Maine is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Maine Housing Grants.
- Maine Veteran Grants: Residents of Maine who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Maine Veteran Grants.
- Maine Personal Grants: The local state government in Maine does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Maine residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Maine. Here's more information on Maine Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants