The federal government and Maine's department of finance has put in $4,084.00 million dollars in federal grants and $3,399.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial aid for permanent residents who reside in the state of Maine. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you may be entitled to apply and receive Maine government grants.
Government grants in Maine is distributed to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Maine Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Maine can be a risky task. More than 4,131 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Maine Small Business Grants.
- Maine Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Maine. The federal administration in Maine invest over $2,516,597,127.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Maine to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Maine Education Grants.
- Maine Housing Grants: At an average value of $176,200.00 per housing property, there are around 721,000 housing units in Maine. With an average annual household income of $46,581.00, about 73.90% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Maine cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Maine Housing Grants.
- Maine Veteran Grants: Residents of Maine who have enrolled or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Maine Veteran Grants.
- Maine Personal Grants: The local state government in Maine does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Maine residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Maine. Here's more information on Maine Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants