Maine Government Grants
The U.S. government and Maine's office of finance has set aside $4,084.00 million dollars in federal grants and $3,399.00 million dollars in other types of federal financial aid for people who live in Maine. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Maine federal grants.
Government grants in Maine is provided to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Maine Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Maine can be a risky task. More than 4,131 businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Maine Small Business Grants.
- Maine Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Maine. The federal government in Maine invest over $2,516,597,127.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Maine to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Maine Education Grants.
- Maine Housing Grants: At an average market value of $176,200.00 per real estate property, there are around 721,000 households in the state of Maine. With an average annual household income of $46,581.00, less than 73.90% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Maine cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Maine Housing Grants.
- Maine Veteran Grants: Residents of Maine who have served or who are current enrolling the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Maine Veteran Grants.
- Maine Personal Grants: The local state government in Maine does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Maine residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Maine. Here's more information on Maine Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: