Maine Government Grants
The federal government and Maine's office of finance has put in $4,084.00 million dollars in government grants and $3,399.00 million dollars in other forms of federal funding for people who live in Maine. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Maine government grants.
Government grants in Maine is provided to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Maine Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Maine can be a risky task. More than 4,131 small businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you need to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Maine Small Business Grants.
- Maine Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Maine. The federal administration in Maine spend over $2,516,597,127.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are available for students or even teachers in Maine to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Maine Education Grants.
- Maine Housing Grants: At an average value of $176,200.00 per housing property, there are around 721,000 real estate properties in Maine. With an average annual household income of $46,581.00, only 73.90% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Maine cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Maine Housing Grants.
- Maine Veteran Grants: Residents of Maine who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Maine Veteran Grants.
- Maine Personal Grants: The local state government in Maine does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Maine residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Maine. Here's more information on Maine Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: