Massachusetts Government Grants
The federal government and Massachusetts's office of finance has set aside $22,382.00 million dollars in federal grants and $15,200.00 million dollars in other types of government financial assistance for residents who reside in the state of Massachusetts. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Massachusetts government grants.
Government grants in Massachusetts is provided to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Massachusetts Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Massachusetts can be a risky thing to do. More than 22,942 businesses or even large corporations file for bankruptcy every year. To reduce the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Massachusetts Small Business Grants.
- Massachusetts Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Massachusetts. The federal administration in Massachusetts invest over $14,444,055,769.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Massachusetts to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Massachusetts Education Grants.
- Massachusetts Housing Grants: At an average market value of $352,300.00 per real estate property, there are more than 2,800,000 housing units in Massachusetts. With an average annual household income of $65,401.00, less than 65.70% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Massachusetts cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. office of finance has set aside financial assistance in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Massachusetts Housing Grants.
- Massachusetts Veteran Grants: Residents of Massachusetts who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Massachusetts Veteran Grants.
- Massachusetts Personal Grants: The local state government in Massachusetts does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Massachusetts residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Massachusetts. Here's more information on Massachusetts Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: