Florida Government Grants
The United States government and Florida's office of finance has put in $31,979.00 million dollars in federal grants and $22,686.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial assistance for permanent residents who reside in the state of Florida. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive Florida federal grants.
Government funding in Florida is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Florida Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Florida can be a risky task. More than 107,382 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Florida Small Business Grants.
- Florida Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Florida. The federal administration in Florida invest over $31,518,715,453.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Florida to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Florida Education Grants.
- Florida Housing Grants: At an average market value of $205,600.00 per real estate property, there are more than 8,990,000 housing units in Florida. With an average annual household income of $47,778.00, less than 71.10% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good portion of the residents in Florida is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial aid in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Florida Housing Grants.
- Florida Veteran Grants: Residents of Florida who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Florida Veteran Grants.
- Florida Personal Grants: The local state government in Florida does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Florida residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Florida. Here's more information on Florida Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: