Tennessee Government Grants
The United States government and Tennessee's office of finance has set aside $17,064.00 million dollars in federal grants and $10,210.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial assistance for individuals who reside in the state of Tennessee. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive Tennessee government grants.
Government financial aid in Tennessee is distributed to various sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Tennessee Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Tennessee can be a risky thing to do. More than 52,460 businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Tennessee Small Business Grants.
- Tennessee Education Grants: Education plays an important sector in Tennessee. The local government in Tennessee spend over $8,494,429,687.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Tennessee to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Tennessee Education Grants.
- Tennessee Housing Grants: At an average market value of $134,100.00 per real estate property, there are around 2,810,000 housing units in Tennessee. With an average annual household income of $43,614.00, about 71.70% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Tennessee cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the people in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Tennessee Housing Grants.
- Tennessee Veteran Grants: Residents of Tennessee who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Tennessee Veteran Grants.
- Tennessee Personal Grants: The local state government in Tennessee does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Tennessee residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial assistance to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Tennessee. Here's more information on Tennessee Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: