Tennessee Government Grants
The federal government and Tennessee's department of finance has put in $17,064.00 million dollars in government grants and $10,210.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial assistance for citizens who reside in the state of Tennessee. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Tennessee federal grants.
Government funding in Tennessee is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Tennessee Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Tennessee can be a risky task. More than 52,460 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Tennessee Small Business Grants.
- Tennessee Education Grants: Education is an important role in Tennessee. The local government in Tennessee spend over $8,494,429,687.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Tennessee to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Tennessee Education Grants.
- Tennessee Housing Grants: At an average market value of $134,100.00 per housing property, there are more than 2,810,000 housing units in Tennessee. With an average annual household income of $43,614.00, only 71.70% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Tennessee cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Tennessee Housing Grants.
- Tennessee Veteran Grants: Residents of Tennessee who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are able to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Tennessee Veteran Grants.
- Tennessee Personal Grants: The local state government in Tennessee does not offer financial support to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Tennessee residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Tennessee. Here's more information on Tennessee Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: