The United States government and Maryland's department of finance has set aside $11,805.00 million dollars in government grants and $9,405.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial assistance for permanent residents who reside in Maryland. As long as you have a citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you are eligible to apply and receive Maryland federal grants.
Government grants in Maryland is distributed to different economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Maryland Small Business Grants: Starting and running a business in Maryland can be a risky thing to do. More than 29,105 small businesses or even large corporations declare bankruptcy every year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Maryland Small Business Grants.
- Maryland Education Grants: Education is an important role in Maryland. The local government in Maryland spend over $12,758,707,718.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Maryland to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Maryland Education Grants.
- Maryland Housing Grants: At an average market value of $329,400.00 per housing property, there are around 2,370,000 housing units in the state of Maryland. With an average annual household income of $70,545.00, less than 70.60% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good number of the residents in Maryland is not able to afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to individuals in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Maryland Housing Grants.
- Maryland Veteran Grants: Residents of Maryland who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to claim and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Maryland Veteran Grants.
- Maryland Personal Grants: The local state government in Maryland does not offer financial aid to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Maryland residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Maryland. Here's more information on Maryland Personal Grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state:
Government Grants in Local StatesAlabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Grant application guides and resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Let us help you!Apply for Grants