Maryland Government Grants
The federal government and Maryland's office of finance has put in $11,805.00 million dollars in government grants and $9,405.00 million dollars in other forms of government financial assistance for residents who live in the state of Maryland. As long as you have a citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive Maryland federal grants.
Government financial aid in Maryland is provided to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Maryland Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Maryland can be a risky thing to do. There are more than 29,105 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To reduce the risks, you have to look into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Maryland Small Business Grants.
- Maryland Education Grants: Education is an important sector in Maryland. The federal government in Maryland invest over $12,758,707,718.00 dollars per year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Maryland to complete and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Maryland Education Grants.
- Maryland Housing Grants: At an average value of $329,400.00 per housing property, there are more than 2,370,000 housing units in Maryland. With an average annual household income of $70,545.00, only 70.60% of the people actually paid off their homes. A good number of the residents in Maryland cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Maryland Housing Grants.
- Maryland Veteran Grants: Residents of Maryland who have enrolled or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are entitled to apply and receive government funding in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Maryland Veteran Grants.
- Maryland Personal Grants: The local state government in Maryland does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. However, Maryland residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial help to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Maryland. Here's more information on Maryland Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: