Maryland Government Grants
The U.S. government and Maryland's department of finance has set aside $11,805.00 million dollars in government grants and $9,405.00 million dollars in other forms of federal financial aid for residents who reside in the state of Maryland. As long as you have a valid citizenship card (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be entitled to apply and receive Maryland government grants.
Government grants in Maryland is distributed to various economic sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
- Maryland Small Business Grants: Starting and running a small business in Maryland can be a risky task. More than 29,105 small businesses or even large corporations go into bankruptcy every single year. To minimize the risks, you have to research into as many funding sources as possible. Here is more information on Maryland Small Business Grants.
- Maryland Education Grants: Education plays an important role in Maryland. The local administration in Maryland spend over $12,758,707,718.00 dollars every year in elementary and secondary institutions alone. Education grants are made available for students or even teachers in Maryland to finish and enhance their level of education. Here is more information on Maryland Education Grants.
- Maryland Housing Grants: At an average value of $329,400.00 per housing property, there are around 2,370,000 households in the state of Maryland. With an average annual household income of $70,545.00, less than 70.60% of the people actually paid off their mortgages. A good portion of the residents in Maryland cannot afford to pay off their mortgages. department of finance has set aside financial support in the form of housing grants to the residents in need, especially if you work at home. Here is more information on Maryland Housing Grants.
- Maryland Veteran Grants: Residents of Maryland who have served or who are current serving the military, naval, and air foce are eligible to apply and receive government grants in the form of veteran grants. Here's more information on Maryland Veteran Grants.
- Maryland Personal Grants: The local state government in Maryland does not offer financial help to its residents for personal needs such as getting out of debt, financing a vehicle...etc. But, Maryland residents are eligible to apply for personal grants to receive financial aid to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation to the ecomony of Maryland. Here's more information on Maryland Personal Grants.
Government Grants in Local States
Grant Application Guides and Resources
It is always free to apply for government grants. However the process may be very complex depending on the funding opportunity you are applying for. Below are some of the published guides that have been helpful to past recipients: